Progressive Scan issue

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by polecat, Aug 27, 2006.

1. polecat

polecat

I have a Toshiba 42 inch plasma tv, connected to a Zenith DVD/VCR player. When I was watching a movie on the DVD, I went to the setup menu to play around a bit. I didn't know what progressive scan was, so I turned it on. Well, now all that appears is a huge blue background with progressive scan on the television, even though the movie is playing. I tried to go back into setup, but it won't let me. I turned off both the tv and dvd player, and even unplugged the dvd player and disconnected the wires, before trying again, and still, it shows progressive scan on the tv, no movie picture and I cannot get back the setup screen to turn progressive scan off. The movie is a Netflix, Bloody Sunday, so I'm not sure if it should be progressively scanning or not.

Can someone help me before my g/f gets home on Wednesday and sees that once again I screwed around with the audio/video equipment, and created an unnecessary problem. I can just hear her now . . . . .
    polecat, Aug 27, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. polecat

bigal

Look in your instruction manual for a way to "reset" the plasma TV. There might be a reset hole on the back of the display.

It sounds like you can't see the menu setup items to go back to a normal "non-progressive" display. What can you see on the display besides the blue background? Can you change input selections with your remote control and then try the menu? Can you see anything by going to other input sources?
    bigal, Aug 28, 2006
    1. Advertising