    I read somewhere that the JVC would actually play PAL DVD's. Does
    this mean it converts PAL to NTSC?
    TIA.
    Richard, Sep 21, 2003

  2. >JVC XV-N5SL
    >Panasonic DVD-F85K
    >Pioneer DV-545

    Probably the Panasonic.

    Pioneer players tend to have excessive ringing and a good many suffer from the
    chroma upsampling error. The Panasonic doesn't have excessive ringing, nor
    does it have the chroma upsampling error.

    The JVC tends to have unfriendly ergonomics. The Panasonic will be easier to
    use.

    Make sure, however, that your digital surround setup can accept optical
    TOSLink. Panasonic players usually do not have coaxial outputs. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 22, 2003

  3. I have Panasonic F85k and it is perhaps one of the best pieces of electronic
    equipment I have ever owned. Beats the Sony (I replaced a Sony with this
    player). The image quality is stunning and you cannot beat the value of this
    DVD changer. GET IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT. Any specific questions e-mail me.

    news.bellatlantic.net, Sep 23, 2003