    I'm currently waiting on vBarticles to be completed, which will provide the new article system - its in Beta now and should be released fairly soon (http://www.vbarticles.com/).

    At the same time, the main page/article pages will be spruced up greatly to fit in with the rest of the site. Reviews will be multi page, have a thumbnail gallery and automated comments threads.

    I've got my last week at university before Christmas starting tomorrow (busy busy busy), but then 3 weeks off for exams (which should mean I'll have plenty of time, as there are only 2 exams this semester). vBarticles and the rest of the changes should be in place then :D

    Ian, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Ian

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sounds good.

    I like most of the changes, except the fact that I get no e-mail notifications to forum topic updates since the new forum software switch. :stickyma:

    bigal, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,095
    Looked into it and I still can't see why Al :( Does this effect anyone else at all?

    Ian, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,095
    Hold Tight - think I've found a fix in a bug report on the vBulletin site :)

    Try in 10 mins!

    Ian, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Ian

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh Boy!!!

    It works now!!!! Great. Thanks Ian. You're ok in my book, no matter what they say!:wavey:

    bigal, Dec 11, 2005
  6. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,095
    haha, thanks :D Took ages to figure out what was wrong, but it looks like it was a bug with the 3.5.1 version of vB!

    Glad its working now!

    Ian, Dec 11, 2005
  7. Ian

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Woot! WTG dude! :)

    The Modfather, Dec 12, 2005
  8. Ian

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    wtg?????

    thx ian :D

    unholy, Dec 12, 2005
  9. Ian

    Frankie

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2005
    Messages:
    19
    way to go..............

    Frankie, Dec 12, 2005
  10. Ian

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424

    Speaking of Frankie, how's your project coming along? You should post on my site more about it.

    The Modfather, Dec 12, 2005
  11. Ian

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    all i can say is he has a car that was made the year i was born :| makes it as old as me... :| but its had replacement parts i haven't :p

    unholy, Dec 13, 2005
  12. Ian

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    I have one major problem with the site. Can you make the recent posts thing better? Rather that just show the newist posts that have been created on the forums, Show the latest replies. This makes alot quicker to find out what people are talking about.

    Gez, Dec 13, 2005
  13. Ian

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin

    Ugh. No! I hate forums that do that... (well, not sure if we are thinking about the same thing... i hope we are not).

    Silverstrand, Dec 13, 2005
  14. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,095
    Just bought a new article system, as the vBarticles mod looks like it could be a while away. New system may even be live in the next 24 hours :)

    Ian, Dec 14, 2005
  15. Ian

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Like on the old MWL forums... i liked that alot.

    Gez, Dec 14, 2005
  16. Ian

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    What's the new system you bought? And why do you keep paying for stuff that exits free of charge so many places?

    The Modfather, Dec 15, 2005
  17. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,095
    Its called GARS - wasn't expensive at all thankfully. Its the only vBulletin article system at the moment for 3.5, I was waiting for the free one but that was months away.

    Bit the bullet and got this installed (its 50% there already, just need to sort the URLs out).

    Ian, Dec 15, 2005
  18. Ian

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hmm, looks fairly decent, did you go for the unbranded one? Only problem I see with it is that it's an annual licencing thing and that's nasty, I hate software that makes you pay over and over again to use it.

    The Modfather, Dec 15, 2005
  19. Ian

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,095
    I was confused by that too - the 1 year is actually the support/upgrades, but if it isn't used you have it for ever (and pay for any upgrades beyond that).

    Ian, Dec 15, 2005
  20. Ian

    unholy

    Joined: