    Hi,
    When I start a new program it always goes to the background. How can I get
    the last program I open go to the foreground?
    Franklin, Feb 27, 2005

  2. Franklin

    WormWood Guest

    Minimize the up front programs? Duh!

    WormWood, Feb 27, 2005

  3. Franklin

    Franklin Guest

    :)

    Franklin, Feb 27, 2005
  4. Franklin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Franklin" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > When I start a new program it always goes to the background. How can I get
    > the last program I open go to the foreground?

    I've experienced the same problem frequently with XP. Specifically, at work
    I have a program that calls a Winfax - fax sending software. That always
    comes up behind the main application. My users have simply learned to
    alt-tab to bring it to the front, send the fax, and then it goes back to the
    main app. No one has really been able to provide a reason or a cure for
    this. But if someone posts anything helpful here, I want to try it myself
    ;o)
    Toolman Tim, Feb 27, 2005
  5. Franklin

    Sjolleman Guest

    "Franklin" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    > When I start a new program it always goes to the background. How can

    I get
    > the last program I open go to the foreground?

    1st. you should mungle your email address. Now you are open to lots of
    spam.
    2nd. What operating system and which version are you running?
    3rd. How do you start teh program?

    Sjolleman
    Sjolleman, Feb 27, 2005
  6. Franklin

    Franklin Guest

    1. I have Outlook 2003. So they can send all the spam they want.
    2. I have Windows xp home sp2.
    3. I start by clicking on the desktop.

    Franklin, Feb 27, 2005
  7. Franklin

    Franklin Guest

    Hi,
    It's a pain. I work with around four or five programs open at once.

    Thanks for the information,
    Have a nice day.
    Franklin

    Franklin, Feb 27, 2005
  8. Franklin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - at work I'll a dozen or more open at times. (Good thing the price of
    RAM went down <g>!) So I'm allways losing something to the background. I
    used to do some work in MS Access, and had to set properties of windows that
    I'd create and open to be foreground. This could be a similar problem,
    depending of course on the language used by the programmers.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 27, 2005
  9. Franklin

    Franklin Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...dm_advancd_perform_usage_assign_resources.asp

    Franklin, Feb 27, 2005
  10. Franklin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Thanks - but I don't think that's gonna help. That particular information is
    referring not to launching a new app in the foreground, but in how Windows
    process on-going background tasks. For instance, I frequently print large
    documents - 23mb PDF file last week - that take *ages* to process. I can
    adjust how much of my CPU time is allocated to those kinds of background
    tasks as opposed to foreground tasks with the information in the link you
    provided. But that doesn't fix the launching a new program showing up in the
    back of other open windows.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 27, 2005
  11. Franklin

    Franklin Guest

    Hi,
    I jumped the gun on that one.

    Franklin, Feb 28, 2005
  12. Franklin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Done that myself...and I'll probably do it again sometime ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 28, 2005