    off of the Run option. I can't even upload pictures off of my digital
    camera to the computer because it will not allow it to open. Hopefully
    there is someone out there that can give me some advice!
    KcJulez, Jul 28, 2005

  2. KcJulez

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "KcJulez" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I do not have any idea what happened or how it happened. I got on the
    > computer one day and tried to open My Pictures off of the start menu
    > and all I got was some noise and then Nothing! It does this when I try
    > to open 'My computer', 'My document' and even when I try to open a CD
    > off of the Run option. I can't even upload pictures off of my digital
    > camera to the computer because it will not allow it to open. Hopefully
    > there is someone out there that can give me some advice!

    First piece of advice: tell us what OPERATING SYSTEM you are using. And what
    service packs. Do you have current antivirus and antispyware software
    installed? Have you been scanning regularly?

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    Ad-Aware SE
    SpywareBlaster
    Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta1
    Http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
    or http://tinyurl.com/6fuq4

    Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one about once a week,
    just like your anti-virus software (you *do* have anti-virus software
    installed and updated, don't you?)
    Toolman Tim, Jul 28, 2005

  3. KcJulez

    pcbutts1 Guest

    KcJulez, <> wrote:

    > I do not have any idea what happened or how it happened.

    Someday you will have any idea what happened or how it happened.

    > I got on the computer one day and tried to open My Pictures off of the
    > start menu and all I got was some noise and then Nothing!

    Sorry, I can't help with any computer problems.

    > It does this when I try to open 'My computer', 'My document' and even
    > when I try to open a CD off of the Run option.

    Try harder.

    > I can't even upload pictures off of my digital camera to the computer
    > because it will not allow it to open.

    I think you are just scared to try.

    > Hopefully there is someone out there that can give me some advice!

    Do you really expect me get you some advice?
    pcbutts1, Jul 28, 2005
  4. KcJulez

    KcJulez Guest

    I'm running Windows XP and most definately have Antivirus and
    antispyware. I use a Firewall to be exact and I scan my pc atleast
    twice a week. I don't know anything about service packs.
    KcJulez, Jul 28, 2005
  5. KcJulez

    pcbutts1 Guest

    KcJulez, <> wrote:

    > I'm running Windows XP and most definately have Antivirus and antispyware.

    Not sure how that works so I can't help you there.

    > I use a Firewall to be exact and I scan my pc atleast twice a week.

    Yes, but don't forget that you're a fuckwit.

    > I don't know anything about service packs.

    You should know anything about service packs.
    pcbutts1, Jul 28, 2005
  6. KcJulez

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "KcJulez" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running Windows XP and most definately have Antivirus and
    > antispyware. I use a Firewall to be exact and I scan my pc atleast
    > twice a week. I don't know anything about service packs.

    Have you tried a system restore back to when it was working okay? I'd try
    that first. Then maybe run chkdsk, and finally try a repair install of
    Windows if the first things don't work.

    Service packs: XP has two already - SP1 and SP2. You should be running
    Windows update regularly, and SP2 has probably been installed by now. If
    not, DON'T install it until you get the other problems resolved. Check the
    service pack level in system properties (general tab).
    Toolman Tim, Jul 28, 2005
  7. pcbutts1 wrote:
    > KcJulez, <> wrote:
    >
    > > I do not have any idea what happened or how it happened.

    > Someday you will have any idea what happened or how it happened.
    >
    > > I got on the computer one day and tried to open My Pictures off of the
    > > start menu and all I got was some noise and then Nothing!

    > Sorry, I can't help with any computer problems.
    >
    > > It does this when I try to open 'My computer', 'My document' and even
    > > when I try to open a CD off of the Run option.

    > Try harder.

    Would take this phrase and shove it up your ass please?

    Thanks...:)

    I'm With Stupid, Jul 28, 2005
  8. KcJulez

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I'm With Stupid, <> wrote:

    > Would take this phrase and shove it up your ass please?

    Politeness will get you nowhere.

    > Thanks [IDIOTICON]

    *PUKE* I hate [IDIOTICON]s.
    pcbutts1, Jul 28, 2005