    All help is appreciated
    Cheers
    Mike the Kiwi

    Mike the Kiwi, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Mike the Kiwi

    Thor Guest

    Try disabling any non-essential background tasks. And try updating your
    video drivers. Many IE lockup issues can be tied to video driver problems.
    Next time you reinstall, instead of reformatting and "reinstalling
    everything", just resinstall the basic operating system and device drivers
    with IE. Then test the browser and see if the bahavior returns without all
    the other software installed. If it runs normally, it could be nothing more
    than a conflict with something else running on your system.

    "Mike the Kiwi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I very recently formatted my HDD & reinstalled everything because of the

    problem below, but it's still happening and lately
    > whenever I use a browser (i.e. IE (mainly), Opera 7, MSN Explorer) I have

    whichever open between like 20 seconds and say 5 minutes
    > and then I get the message that the current browser has encountered an

    error and will now close. The same thing has happened using
    > ICQ.
    > What gives??
    > Does anybody have any clues as to what's going on and/or how to fix the

    problem?

    Thor, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Turning off Error Reporting didn't stop the problem at all, the programs still spontaneously close on me but now with no warning
    at all.

    Mike the Kiwi, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Mike the Kiwi

    Swift Guest

    Mike, what OS are you using?

    Swift

    Swift, Jan 16, 2004
  5. Mike the Kiwi

    mark mandel Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I very recently formatted my HDD & reinstalled everything because of the

    problem below, but it's still happening and lately
    > whenever I use a browser (i.e. IE (mainly), Opera 7, MSN Explorer) I have

    whichever open between like 20 seconds and say 5 minutes
    > and then I get the message that the current browser has encountered an

    error and will now close. The same thing has happened using
    > ICQ.
    > What gives??
    > Does anybody have any clues as to what's going on and/or how to fix the

    problem?

    > All help is appreciated
    > Cheers
    > Mike the Kiwi

    Might be due to trojans or other malware. Get the program "Spybot Search
    and Destroy" and run it. Another is "Hijack This". However, this one
    requires that you log the result on here or another site and that some
    "spyware savvy" tech recognize the bad stuff.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Jan 17, 2004