    Do i need a special camera, special software or both?
    I have FujiFilm FinePix

    Thanx.
    DG, Apr 1, 2007

  2. DG

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:41:11 +0200, DG wrote:

    > I want to program my photo camera to shoot a picture every 5 mins.
    > Is this possible?

    > Do i need a special camera, special software or both?
    > I have FujiFilm FinePix

    Isn't every Fuji camera a Fujifilm FinePix? I have one and it
    doesn't allow programmed or time-lapse shooting. What model FinePix
    do you have, and have you checked the manual? Some other models
    might, especially Fuji's DSLRs. Some cameras from other
    manufacturers have the ability to do what you want, built-in.
    Others use manufacturer's software to allow a "tethered" camera to
    be controlled remotely by the computer, and that software probably
    will give you the control that you want. Before too many people
    respond with solutions, you might help them by providing an upper
    limit as to how much you are willing to spend in case your Fuji
    can't be used and you need a new camera or camera plus software.
    ASAAR, Apr 1, 2007

  3. DG

    ray Guest

    On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:41:11 +0200, DG wrote:

    > I want to program my photo camera to shoot a picture every 5 mins.
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Do i need a special camera, special software or both?
    > I have FujiFilm FinePix
    >
    > Thanx.

    My Kodak P850 can be set for 1 to 99 pictures at intervals from 10sec to
    24 hours. Have you tried looking in the manual?
    ray, Apr 1, 2007
  4. DG

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <euouc4$n33$-com.hr>, DG <>
    wrote:

    > I want to program my photo camera to shoot a picture every 5 mins.
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Do i need a special camera, special software or both?
    > I have FujiFilm FinePix

    Probably not - most P&S cameras are not that sophisticated - heck, even
    most [D]SLRs don't have this function. What you are looking for is
    called an intervalometer. The best that most [P&S or DSLR] is
    self-timer, which is a one-shot deal, as you probably already know.

    I don't know if your camera allows an external shutter release cable or
    not (I don't follow the non-DSLR models, there are SO many), but if it
    does, scan back a couple of weeks for the word "intervalometer" or
    "Canon TC-80N3" in the rpd.slr-systems group for a post I made about
    converting the TC-80N3 for other cameras (it has a connector designed
    for specific Canon DSLRs). The instructions in that post could be
    converted to allow just about any camera that has an external
    electronic shutter release cable to work with this by using the proper
    plug.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Apr 1, 2007
  5. DG

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    wrote:

    > I want to program my photo camera to shoot a picture every 5 mins.
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Do i need a special camera, special software or both?
    > I have FujiFilm FinePix
    >
    > Thanx.

    You didn't say which model you have, but check the documentation that
    came with the camera or call up Fuji's customer service to see if they
    have a recommendation.
    Shawn Hirn, Apr 1, 2007
  6. DG

    TheMaxx Guest

    Thank you for answers.
    I have fujifilm finepix 2800 zoom.
    I didn't find functionallities i was looking for in manuall/software, so i
    guess my camera doesn't support it.

    What teminology is used for this kind of functionalities?
    intervalometer?

    Thanx.
    TheMaxx, Apr 2, 2007
  7. DG

    ray Guest

    On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:21:03 +0200, TheMaxx wrote:

    > Thank you for answers.
    > I have fujifilm finepix 2800 zoom.
    > I didn't find functionallities i was looking for in manuall/software, so i
    > guess my camera doesn't support it.
    >
    > What teminology is used for this kind of functionalities?
    > intervalometer?
    >
    > Thanx.

    My Kodak P850 manual indexes it under 'time lapse'.
    ray, Apr 2, 2007
  8. DG

    John Turco Guest

    ray wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:41:11 +0200, DG wrote:
    >
    > > I want to program my photo camera to shoot a picture every 5 mins.
    > > Is this possible?
    > >
    > > Do i need a special camera, special software or both?
    > > I have FujiFilm FinePix
    > >
    > > Thanx.

    > My Kodak P850 can be set for 1 to 99 pictures at intervals from 10sec to
    > 24 hours. Have you tried looking in the manual?

    Hello, Ray:

    However, the P850 is a rather atypical "point and shoot" camera; this
    "time-lapse" function is an unusual one, regardless.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Apr 4, 2007
  9. DG

    Ron Hunter Guest

    John Turco wrote:
    > ray wrote:
    >> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:41:11 +0200, DG wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want to program my photo camera to shoot a picture every 5 mins.
    >>> Is this possible?
    >>>
    >>> Do i need a special camera, special software or both?
    >>> I have FujiFilm FinePix
    >>>
    >>> Thanx.

    >> My Kodak P850 can be set for 1 to 99 pictures at intervals from 10sec to
    >> 24 hours. Have you tried looking in the manual?

    > Hello, Ray:
    >
    > However, the P850 is a rather atypical "point and shoot" camera; this
    > "time-lapse" function is an unusual one, regardless.
    >

    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>

    I have always thought that a time lapse feature would be a natural for
    any digital camera, easily implemented in software, but seems to be
    quite rare in my experience. I can see several applications where it
    would be quite a nice feature.
    Ron Hunter, Apr 4, 2007
  10. DG

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:16:27 -0500, John Turco wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:41:11 +0200, DG wrote:
    >>
    >> > I want to program my photo camera to shoot a picture every 5 mins.
    >> > Is this possible?
    >> >
    >> > Do i need a special camera, special software or both?
    >> > I have FujiFilm FinePix
    >> >
    >> > Thanx.

    >> My Kodak P850 can be set for 1 to 99 pictures at intervals from 10sec to
    >> 24 hours. Have you tried looking in the manual?

    > Hello, Ray:
    >
    > However, the P850 is a rather atypical "point and shoot" camera; this
    > "time-lapse" function is an unusual one, regardless.
    >

    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>

    Yes - the Kodak P series is full of features. As I noted before - not
    attempting to compare the quality - they seem to have most of the features
    you'd expect in a DSLR. Fully manual settings; raw,tiff,jpeg; exposure
    bracketing; time lapse; . . . Really nice camera. I bought mine last fall
    refurb from the Kodak web site for $250 - last time I checked they were
    down to $225.
    ray, Apr 4, 2007
  11. DG

    John Turco Guest

    On Apr 4, 3:04 am, Ron Hunter <> wrote:

    <edited, for brevity>

    > I have always thought that a time lapse feature would be a natural for
    > any digitalcamera, easily implemented in software, but seems to be
    > quite rare in my experience. I can see several applications where it
    > would be quite a nice feature.

    Hello, Ron:

    Certainly! The camera manufacturers could add time-lapse, in firmware,
    with very little effort. Naturally, it would be reserved for their
    higher-end models, exclusively, so that they could "justify" charging
    a premium.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Apr 14, 2007
  12. DG

    John Turco Guest

    > On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:16:27 -0500, John Turco wrote:
    > > ray wrote:

    <edited, for brevity>

    > > However, the P850 is a rather atypical "point and shoot"camera; this
    > > "time-lapse" function is an unusual one, regardless.

    > > Cordially,
    > > John Turco <>

    > Yes - the Kodak P series is full of features. As I noted before - not
    > attempting to compare the quality - they seem to have most of the features
    > you'd expect in a DSLR. Fully manual settings; raw,tiff,jpeg; exposure
    > bracketing; time lapse; . . . Really nicecamera. I bought mine last fall
    > refurb from the Kodak web site for $250 - last time I checked they were
    > down to $225

    Hello, Ray:

    You got a pretty good deal, yet, I did even better. In May of 2006, I
    snagged Costco.com's P850/dock/bag bundle ($229.99 + free shipping).

    (Not refurbished, by the way. <g>)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Apr 14, 2007