    interactive menus, downloadable subtitles, and downloadable apps to the
    new Blu-ray HD-DVD's coming out soon.

    http://www.rimlife.com/bluray/
    asj, Apr 3, 2006

  2. asj

    asj Guest

    asj wrote:
    > Java ME is used to run most mobile apps, and it will be used to provide
    > interactive menus, downloadable subtitles, and downloadable apps to the
    > new Blu-ray HD-DVD's coming out soon.
    >
    > http://www.rimlife.com/bluray/

    Hmmmm...sorry, did not realize there were two different kinds of HD
    DVD. Just to clear up, Java ME will run on the Blu-Ray version.

    It will provide functionality similar to those of Java in mobile
    devices. For example, viewers can select and download current trailers
    when they want, and people can even chat with other people viewing the
    same DVD while watching it. Downloadable apps could be games related to
    the movie title.
    asj, Apr 3, 2006

  3. asj

    L Leed Guest

    Will this be possible on the iHD players? Also, can you use VB?

    L Leed, Apr 3, 2006
  4. asj

    asj Guest

    L Leed wrote:
    > Will this be possible on the iHD players? Also, can you use VB?

    Sorry, no, I checked. It seems Blu-ray system has much more
    programmable interfaces than the Toshiba version.

    Pretty exciting stuff though...i can't wait to get my hands on a
    panasonic or sony blu-ray.
    asj, Apr 4, 2006
  5. asj

    L Leed Guest

    Okay, thanks.

    L Leed, Apr 4, 2006
  6. asj

    ifteebuet

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    do you mean ppl wil watch movies in TV and watch subtitle in mobiles
    ifteebuet, Jul 27, 2006