    from the downloaded files but I DON'T want to burn CD's from all my
    Downloads just would like to see if there are m3 ID3 tags on the database
    to my music collection on my HD.

    jamy, Dec 13, 2004

  2. jamy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "jamy" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns95BE9647EC532volkmenearthlinknet@130.133.1.4...
    |I have a lot of music downloaded to my HD.Is there a program so I can scan
    | my HD and see if there are m3 ID tags in the CD database for my downloaded
    | shows?
    | I know Nero and other burning-programs do it automatically when I burn a
    CD
    | from the downloaded files but I DON'T want to burn CD's from all my
    | Downloads just would like to see if there are m3 ID3 tags on the database
    | to my music collection on my HD.

    You have a database of downloaded MP3 files, right? You must then have a
    database manager, right? In other words, you have your MP3s in a program
    like MusicMatch, Real Jukebox, or something, correct? Every music manager
    I've used has the ability to 1) show/edit the ID tags, 2) download ID info
    from one of the online CDDB sites if the MP3 doesn't have the info.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 14, 2004