Program won't start up

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Bob, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Please pardon the crossposting, but I've had this same problem with both
    Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.6, one after the other:

    Click on the icon, splashscreen image shows for a couple seconds, then it
    closes down, computer keeps running fine.

    This is Windows 98 running on a Celeron 566Mhz with 128Mb RAM and plenty of
    free disk space.

    I downloaded & installed NS 7.1, saw the problem, thought it was a conflict
    with NS 4.5 still on the machine, uninstalled 4.5 - no help. Uninstalled and
    reinstalled 7.1 - no help. Reformatted the hard drive, installed Win98 all
    over again, installed 7.1 - same thing. Uninstalled NS, downloaded &
    installed Moz - ditto. I've tried uninstalling, verifying that
    programfiles\common files\mozilla.org\GRE was gone, and starting over again -
    getting closer to wit's end.

    Any ideas?

    TIA
    Bob, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Bob

    MetaMorph Guest

    Not nearly enough RAM/resources - thats the problem - get more RAM - or try
    closing everything down (thats not needed) before running Netscape

    :)
    MetaMorph, Apr 6, 2004