    editor as well?
    Any decent offers (cheap) accepted.
    Thanks.

    nowhere man, Sep 10, 2003

  2. nowhere man

    Boomer Guest

    nowhere man said:

    > Of the imaged editors I've seen, none can do more than one mask
    > at a time. I have the need to draw a circle, then draw another
    > circle within it, and in between the two areas only, fill with
    > color. No I am not going to spend hundreds of bucks for a
    > program. No I am not talking of drawing one circle, filling it,
    > then drawing another circle and filling it.
    > What would really be nice is if I can dictate precisely what
    > radius I want the circle to have. If I can do this in html, why
    > can't I do it in an image editor as well?
    > Any decent offers (cheap) accepted.
    > Thanks.

    Not sure these will help or if you have tried them (you didn't say
    what you have tired).

    Pixia
    http://www.ab.wakwak.com/~knight/

    'Gimp' for Windows:
    http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

    Other graphic programs
    http://www.webattack.com/
    http://wantdbest.com/freebies/graphtools.html
    http://www.bakhter.com/html/main/freeware.html
    http://www.imagespro.com/programs/freeware/
    http://www.mnsi.net/~jhlavac/freeware/graphics.htm

    Boomer, Sep 10, 2003

  3. nowhere man

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "nowhere man" <> wrote in

    > Of the imaged editors I've seen, none can do more than one mask at a
    > time. I have the need to draw a circle, then draw another circle
    > within it, and in between the two areas only, fill with color.

    *every* *single* *image* *editor* I've seen can do this, if it can draw
    circles.

    MS Paint, shipped with windows, can do this.

    Petit Alexi, Sep 10, 2003
  4. nowhere man

    nowhere man Guest

    Boomer wrote:>>

    > nowhere man said:

    >> Of the imaged editors I've seen, none can do more than one mask
    >> at a time. I have the need to draw a circle, then draw another
    >> circle within it, and in between the two areas only, fill with
    >> color. No I am not going to spend hundreds of bucks for a
    >> program. No I am not talking of drawing one circle, filling it,
    >> then drawing another circle and filling it.
    >> What would really be nice is if I can dictate precisely what
    >> radius I want the circle to have. If I can do this in html, why
    >> can't I do it in an image editor as well?
    >> Any decent offers (cheap) accepted.
    >> Thanks.

    > Not sure these will help or if you have tried them (you didn't say
    > what you have tired).

    > Pixia
    > http://www.ab.wakwak.com/~knight/

    would be nice if you could download the damn thing.

    > 'Gimp' for Windows:
    > http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

    yeah right. which of the dozen files do you download? he makes it difficult.

    > Other graphic programs
    > http://www.webattack.com/

    I don't do business with these people.

    > http://wantdbest.com/freebies/graphtools.html

    somebody's bad idea of a website. no order to the file names.

    > http://www.bakhter.com/html/main/freeware.html

    Nice site. If you don't have it, get anim8or. It rocks.

    > http://www.imagespro.com/programs/freeware/
    > http://www.mnsi.net/~jhlavac/freeware/graphics.htm

    good sites, just to many to sort through.

    nowhere man, Sep 10, 2003
  5. nowhere man wrote:

    > Of the imaged editors I've seen, none can do more than one mask at a time.
    > I have the need to draw a circle, then draw another circle within it, and
    > in between the two areas only, fill with color.
    > No I am not going to spend hundreds of bucks for a program.
    > No I am not talking of drawing one circle, filling it, then drawing
    > another circle and filling it.
    > What would really be nice is if I can dictate precisely what radius I want
    > the circle to have. If I can do this in html, why can't I do it in an
    > image editor as well?
    > Any decent offers (cheap) accepted.
    > Thanks.

    1. Draw your circles.
    2. Select the "magic" mask tool.
    3. Click the "magic" mask tool in the area between the two circles, which
    will mask that area.
    4. Fill with the desired color.

    ANY halfway decent image editor can do that.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Sep 10, 2003
  6. nowhere man

    Stevo Guest

    nowhere man wrote:
    > Of the imaged editors I've seen, none can do more than one mask at a
    > time. I have the need to draw a circle, then draw another circle
    > within it, and in between the two areas only, fill with color.
    > No I am not going to spend hundreds of bucks for a program.
    > No I am not talking of drawing one circle, filling it, then drawing
    > another circle and filling it.
    > What would really be nice is if I can dictate precisely what radius I
    > want the circle to have. If I can do this in html, why can't I do it
    > in an image editor as well?
    > Any decent offers (cheap) accepted.
    > Thanks.

    You could do that very simply buy drawing the circle, selecting 'no fill'
    and then setting the line colour and thickness as you want it...

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Sep 10, 2003