    recommend a free or low cost program that can do this?
    I'll be testing from a computer running Windows XP.

    Thank you

    Trevor Smithson, Apr 22, 2005

  2. Trevor Smithson

    Mike Easter Guest

    Trevor Smithson wrote:
    > I need to stress test a small website from an external location.
    > Specifically, by downloading about 5 mp3 files many many times
    > over the course of about an hour. Not stream the files but actually
    > download them. I need to do this test multiple times. Can anyone
    > recommend a free or low cost program that can do this?
    > I'll be testing from a computer running Windows XP.

    It seems like you should be able to do that with SpamVampire or one of
    its derivatives.

    http://www.hillscapital.com/antispam/

    The app was designed to antispammer vigilante hammer the graphics dl/s
    at a spamvertised site to cost the spamvertiser for bandwidth.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Apr 22, 2005

  3. Trevor Smithson

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:00:49 -0500, Trevor Smithson wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I need to stress test a small website from an external location.
    >Specifically, by downloading about 5 mp3 files many many times
    >over the course of about an hour. Not stream the files but actually
    >download them. I need to do this test multiple times. Can anyone
    >recommend a free or low cost program that can do this?
    >I'll be testing from a computer running Windows XP.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=website stress test
    lots of options, Results 1 - 10 of about 23 English pages for
    "website stress test"
    (0.43 seconds)

    Remove the " " from around the text , Results 1 - 10 of about 9,560,000
    English pages

    If it was something fairly basic I would knock up a quick perl script
    and fetch pages as required, timing them as needed.

    You didn't mention the server type, there are bound to be server
    performance tools / tuning documentation for the specific server type.

    Me

    why?, Apr 22, 2005