    Bud Snavely Guest

    Kind of new to digital photography, need a program that will
    rename *.jpg's to date and time taken.

    Bud Snavely, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Bud Snavely

    Bruce Uttley Guest

    In article <>,
    Bud Snavely <> wrote:
    >Kind of new to digital photography, need a program that will
    >rename *.jpg's to date and time taken.

    JHEAD can extract the date and time from a jpg's EXIF data
    and rename the file. It has many other functions -- file
    renaming is just one. Information and a free download at:
    http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/

    Bruce Uttley, Feb 8, 2005

  3. "Bud Snavely" <> writes:

    > Kind of new to digital photography, need a program that will
    > rename *.jpg's to date and time taken.

    There are *lots* of programs that do this sort of thing. I'm using
    one called Siren File Rename, freeware available from
    <http://www.scarabee-software.net/>. It will let you use the actual
    file date and time (all three), or the EXIF information on when the
    picture was shot that digital cameras embed in the files. I find it
    very flexible and nice to use.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Feb 9, 2005