    could restored that was deleted in the 'recycle bin' but in the case of
    formatting, I told him not to keep his hopes too high.

    Thanks in advance :)

    Muse Gruppes, Nov 6, 2010

  2. Muse Gruppes

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 15:51:56 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

    > I friend of mine had a slew of mp3s that got erased by accident when he
    > brought his PC for repair (the reformatted the wrong drive) Can anyone
    > recommend a program that can recover 'lost' data? I'm guessing that data
    > could restored that was deleted in the 'recycle bin' but in the case of
    > formatting, I told him not to keep his hopes too high.
    >
    > Thanks in advance :)

    Only thing I have used for NTFS file recovery is Get Data Back

    http://www.runtime.org/

    If there is any chance of getting any of these files back the computer
    must not be used until you attempt to recover the files. Read the How-to-
    Guide on the URL I quoted.

    Meat Plow, Nov 6, 2010

  3. Muse Gruppes

    VanguardLH Guest

    Muse Gruppes wrote:

    > I friend of mine had a slew of mp3s that got erased by accident when he
    > brought his PC for repair (the reformatted the wrong drive) Can anyone
    > recommend a program that can recover 'lost' data? I'm guessing that data
    > could restored that was deleted in the 'recycle bin' but in the case of
    > formatting, I told him not to keep his hopes too high.
    >
    > Thanks in advance :)

    Recuva (free)
    http://www.piriform.com/recuva/features

    There are lots of these type programs. I haven't needed to use one and
    only know about this one because I do use their CCleaner program (but
    also do daily image backups for reliable registry recover rather than
    trust their backup scheme which still requires the OS actually boot to
    run their program to do the restore). They say their Recuva program can
    recover files from a formatted drive. Just make sure you don't install
    it on the formatted drive (or anything else or even write any new files
    there) since that can severely impact the probability of recovering the
    files.

    VanguardLH, Nov 6, 2010