    keywords similar to how some image browsers catalogue images - Jasc
    PhotoAlbum does something for image formats.

    Can anyone help me with this
    *** HAWK, Jan 28, 2004

  2. *** HAWK

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:30:37 -0000, *** HAWK wrote:

    >I have number of personal templates which are archived in rar files in
    >numerical order (eg template001, template002, etc..)
    >I need to catalogue these but I am not sure of the best way to go about.
    >I am looking for a way to add keywords to the rar files & search using those

    Something like this, from the WinRAR Help -

    Command C - add an archive comment

    This command allows to add comment to an archive. The maximum comment
    length is 62000 bytes for RAR archives and 32768 bytes for ZIP archives.
    It is also possible to add an archive comment through archive management
    command Add archive comment.
    Because archive volume modification is disabled, this command is not
    applicable to volumes. You may use switch -z<file> to add a comment to a
    volume when creating it.

    Examples:

    a) add comment to the archive distrib.rar
    WinRAR c distrib.rar

    b) Comments may be added from a file by using the -z<file> switch.
    WinRAR c -zinfo.txt dummy

    =====
    Archive comment

    You may add an optional text information to RAR and ZIP archives. This
    information is called an archive comment. To add it manually in WinRAR
    shell mode to the already existing archive use Add archive comment
    command, to read the comment from a file in the command line - command
    "c" or switch -z<file>.

    You also may specify a comment when archiving files directly in the
    Archive name and parameters dialog.

    If an archive, which contains a comment, is opened in WinRAR and the
    option "Show archive comment" in General settings dialog is on, the
    comment window will be displayed to the right of the files list. You may
    change the width of the comment window, dragging its left border with
    the mouse.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Jan 28, 2004