    lock out usage 'forever'. !

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Mar 12, 2007

  2. Robert11

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Running XP.
    >
    > Is there a program or utility that would enable me to lock out any and all
    > usage of a PC between certain hours
    > that I could set ?

    You could try Mortice Lock v1.00 but you will need to get a professional
    to install it for you. It does require a peripheral called Door
    attached to your room though so make sure you have that installed first.

    > Hopefully, inepensive or free.

    There is an OpenSource version in development but at the moment it only
    rotates a cylinder and operates on a limited number of doors (1 actually).

    > I guess the other requirement is something "safe" and proven, so that it
    > doesn't
    > lock out usage 'forever'. !

    Hmm as long as you keep copies of the key that should be supplied with
    Mortice Lock v1.00 in multiple locations, you should be OK. Make sure
    your vendor leaves at least one key - I've heard horror stories of
    people loading pirated locks and then when they come to leave the room
    finding their key doesn't work and starving to death.

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 12, 2007

  3. Robert11

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > Robert11 wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Running XP.
    >>
    >> Is there a program or utility that would enable me to lock out any and
    >> all usage of a PC between certain hours
    >> that I could set ?

    > You could try Mortice Lock v1.00 but you will need to get a professional
    > to install it for you. It does require a peripheral called Door attached
    > to your room though so make sure you have that installed first.
    >

    >> Hopefully, inepensive or free.

    > There is an OpenSource version in development but at the moment it only
    > rotates a cylinder and operates on a limited number of doors (1 actually).
    >

    >> I guess the other requirement is something "safe" and proven, so that it
    >> doesn't
    >> lock out usage 'forever'. !

    > Hmm as long as you keep copies of the key that should be supplied with
    > Mortice Lock v1.00 in multiple locations, you should be OK. Make sure your
    > vendor leaves at least one key - I've heard horror stories of people
    > their key doesn't work and starving to death.

    LOL!

    I bet a locking key switch on the case would work too. Of course, it would
    require some mechanical and electrial ability to install, and I'd suggest an
    extra key stored off-site in case one got lost.

    http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH?PMSECT=2009470

    WhzzKdd, Mar 12, 2007