    or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
    and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.

    what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?

    cowboyz, Dec 11, 2003

  2. cowboyz

    Jason M Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:28:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail and
    >I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have 3
    >or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
    >and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
    >
    >what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?

    ThumbsPlus

    http://www.cerious.com/

    Jason M, Dec 11, 2003

  3. cowboyz

    Lebowski Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that are
    > labelled P100000 to P100250.
    >
    > I want to first sort them but content.
    >
    > Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail

    and
    > I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have

    3
    > or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the

    left
    > and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
    >
    > what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?

    Presenting, the Right Honourable Windows Explorer! 2 windows side by side
    ~~~-> Window 1) left hand side: bunch of pics in thumbnail view; Window 2)
    right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away :)

    Lebowski, Dec 11, 2003
  4. cowboyz

    T.N.O. Guest

    Lebowski wrote:
    > Presenting, the Right Honourable Windows Explorer! 2 windows side by side
    > ~~~-> Window 1) left hand side: bunch of pics in thumbnail view; Window 2)
    > right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away :)

    heh, although this works... do yuo really believe the "right honourable"
    is the correct name to use?

    T.N.O., Dec 11, 2003
  5. cowboyz

    Lebowski Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Lebowski wrote:
    > > Presenting, the Right Honourable Windows Explorer! 2 windows side by

    side
    > > ~~~-> Window 1) left hand side: bunch of pics in thumbnail view; Window

    2)
    > > right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away :)

    > heh, although this works... do yuo really believe the "right honourable"
    > is the correct name to use?

    hehe, well they apply it to our most-respected governmental figureheads,
    don't they? ;-)

    Lebowski, Dec 11, 2003
  6. cowboyz

    T.N.O. Guest

    Lebowski wrote:
    >>>right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away :)

    >>heh, although this works... do yuo really believe the "right honourable"
    >>is the correct name to use?

    > hehe, well they apply it to our most-respected governmental figureheads,
    > don't they? ;-)

    touche(add the little french thingy to the 'e'

    T.N.O., Dec 11, 2003
  7. cowboyz

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:28:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that are
    >labelled P100000 to P100250.
    >
    >I want to first sort them but content.
    >
    >Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail and
    >I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have 3
    >or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
    >and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
    >
    >what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?

    I use jalbum to create webpages for my pics. It's very flexible. But I
    use the built in thingee in XP for sorting them. Not good but it works
    for small numbers (heh, but probably not for 250!!)

    I used irfanview which might do some of what you want in conjunction
    with explorer.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Dec 11, 2003
  8. cowboyz

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <3fd831af$>,
    "Lebowski" <> wrote:

    >Presenting, the Right Honourable Windows Explorer! 2 windows side by side
    >~~~-> Window 1) left hand side: bunch of pics in thumbnail view; Window 2)
    >right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away :)

    Personally, I use PMView (http://www.pmview.com).
    I liked it enough to register it. It's more flexible, for example it allows
    changing the thumbnail size. Pick a small size to get more thumbnails on the
    screen when doing a general sort'n'toss, or a large size when previewing.

    "I don't use Linux. I prefer to use an OS supported by a large multi-
    national vendor, with a good office suite, excellent network/internet
    software and decent hardware support."

    Don Hills, Dec 11, 2003
  9. cowboyz

    GraB Guest

    ACDSee. There was a free version of ACDSee 3 on a CD some months ago.
    I find that excellent.

    GraB, Dec 11, 2003
  10. cowboyz

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:59:15 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >ACDSee. There was a free version of ACDSee 3 on a CD some months ago.
    >I find that excellent.

    I've been giving the latest one off their www site a try out, it's
    quite good but takes bloody ages to initially load up. Something like
    20 seconds. It displays the photos quickly after that.
    There's a heap of features in it.

    Craig Shore, Dec 11, 2003
  11. cowboyz

    KS Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that
    > are labelled P100000 to P100250.
    >
    > I want to first sort them but content.

    Try http://www.tawbaware.com/

    for both Thumber, as well as the magnificent PTAssembler (gui for Panorama
    Tools). If you're interested in taking amazing panoramas, this pgm is a
    must.

    KS, Dec 11, 2003
  12. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "Lebowski" <> wrote in message

    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > > just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that

    are
    > > labelled P100000 to P100250.
    > >
    > > I want to first sort them but content.
    > >
    > > Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail

    > and
    > > I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can

    have
    > 3
    > > or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the

    > left
    > > and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real"

    photos.

    > > what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?
    > >

    > Presenting, the Right Honourable Windows Explorer! 2 windows side by side
    > ~~~-> Window 1) left hand side: bunch of pics in thumbnail view; Window 2)
    > right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away :)

    I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't use, and haven't used,
    windows explorer for about 4 years now. Actually quite a nice interface
    now. Last time I even looked at windows explorer was win98. I use windows
    commander for *everything*.

    Cheers for that.

    I will still check out the abundance of programs others have recommended.
    Never know what you'll find.

    cowboyz, Dec 11, 2003
  13. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message

    > "Lebowski" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > > > just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that

    > are
    > > > labelled P100000 to P100250.
    > > >
    > > > I want to first sort them but content.
    > > >
    > > > Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the

    thumbnail
    > > and
    > > > I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can

    > have
    > > 3
    > > > or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the

    > > left
    > > > and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real"

    > photos.
    > > >
    > > > what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?
    > > >

    > > Presenting, the Right Honourable Windows Explorer! 2 windows side by

    side
    > > ~~~-> Window 1) left hand side: bunch of pics in thumbnail view; Window

    2)
    > > right-hand side: your folders. Drag and drop away :)
    > >

    > I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't use, and haven't used,
    > windows explorer for about 4 years now. Actually quite a nice interface
    > now. Last time I even looked at windows explorer was win98. I use

    windows
    > commander for *everything*.
    >
    > Cheers for that.
    >
    > I will still check out the abundance of programs others have recommended.
    > Never know what you'll find.

    I would also like to mention, this would be a damn sight easier (more
    comfortable) with dual monitor! Wish I had it!

    cowboyz, Dec 11, 2003
  14. cowboyz

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:05:21 GMT, (Craig
    Shore) wrote:

    >On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:59:15 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    >>ACDSee. There was a free version of ACDSee 3 on a CD some months ago.
    >>I find that excellent.

    >I've been giving the latest one off their www site a try out, it's
    >quite good but takes bloody ages to initially load up. Something like
    >20 seconds. It displays the photos quickly after that.
    >There's a heap of features in it.

    Maybe it is additional plugins that makes it slower to load. Mine
    takes about 3 seconds. It pays to do a database maintainance
    periodically to compress the database.

    I find it good when I have done a heap of still captures from DVD,
    which saves in .bmp format with PowerDVD, converting them all to .jpg.
    One can batch rename and batch modify a selection.

    GraB, Dec 11, 2003
  15. cowboyz

    Lebowski Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message

    (snip)

    > I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't use, and haven't used,
    > windows explorer for about 4 years now. Actually quite a nice interface
    > now. Last time I even looked at windows explorer was win98. I use

    windows
    > commander for *everything*.
    >
    > Cheers for that.
    >
    > I will still check out the abundance of programs others have recommended.
    > Never know what you'll find.

    I too am tempted to try out these other programs also, as I also have an
    abundance of digital camera pics that need serious organising. Usually I
    just dump them on to the desktop, and the bad eggs get chucked into the
    recycle bin. Heaven knows what eventually happens to the good pictures :-D

    Lebowski, Dec 12, 2003
  16. cowboyz

    Lebowski Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > ACDSee. There was a free version of ACDSee 3 on a CD some months ago.
    > I find that excellent.

    Oh yes, ACDSee is a good program. I used this program religiously until XP
    came along - which pretty much had all of ACDSee's features in one fell
    swoop. But that aside, I still remember it as being a great program and nice
    printing features also.

    Lebowski, Dec 12, 2003
  17. cowboyz

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:28:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that are
    >labelled P100000 to P100250.
    >
    >I want to first sort them but content.
    >
    >Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail and
    >I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have 3
    >or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
    >and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
    >
    >what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?

    Windows explorer. Pick thumbnails from the view options.

    --

    ....Brendan

    Under capitalism, man exploits man.
    Under communism, it's just the opposite.
    J.K.Galbraith

    Note: All comments are copyright 2003, and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always 'to the best of my reccollection'.

    Brendan, Dec 12, 2003
  18. cowboyz

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:28:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that are
    >labelled P100000 to P100250.
    >
    >I want to first sort them but content.
    >
    >Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail and
    >I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have 3
    >or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
    >and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
    >
    >what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?

    December's APC mag will have Adobe Photoshop Album 2 SE (Starter
    Edition) on the cover CD. OR you could download it (free) from
    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/starter.html .

    Unfortunately for me it requires Windows ME or later, not 98SE.

    GraB, Dec 12, 2003
  19. cowboyz

    sal Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:15:20 +1300, Brendan <corum.usenet@myrealbox
    (dot com)> wrote:

    >On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:28:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >
    >>just come back from (well earned) holiday and have some 250 pics that are
    >>labelled P100000 to P100250.
    >>
    >>I want to first sort them but content.
    >>
    >>Was wondering if someone knew of a program that would show the thumbnail and
    >>I could grab the thumbnail and drop it into a folder. Hopefully can have 3
    >>or 4 folders on the right, for instance, and all the thumbnails to the left
    >>and you just throw them inito their folder as if they were " real" photos.
    >>
    >>what ya think? Is there a program like this you know of?

    >Windows explorer. Pick thumbnails from the view options.

    You do end up with big thumbs.dat files in the folder if you use thumb
    view in explorer (at least you do with win2k)

    sal, Dec 12, 2003
  20. cowboyz

    Lebowski Guest

    "sal" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:15:20 +1300, Brendan <corum.usenet@myrealbox
    > (dot com)> wrote:

    (snip)
    > You do end up with big thumbs.dat files in the folder if you use thumb
    > view in explorer (at least you do with win2k)

    Hell, that's going to be taxing on my 120gig hard drive ;-)

    Lebowski, Dec 12, 2003