    Tony Guest

    Any one know of something to merge two Almost the same mp3 archives ?

    cheers
    Tony, Nov 16, 2007

  2. In article <newscache$slrkrj$d92$>, Tony did write:

    > Any one know of something to merge two Almost the same mp3 archives ?

    rsync?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 16, 2007

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <newscache$slrkrj$d92$>, Tony did write:
    >
    >> Any one know of something to merge two Almost the same mp3 archives ?

    > rsync?

    Not on winxp.. and no I'm not going to copy over my archives to one of
    the 50 or so Linux servers I have to try it before someone rants about
    using Linux. Must be an easy way.
    Tony, Nov 16, 2007
  4. Tony

    Malcolm Guest

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:21:06 +1300
    Tony <> wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > > In article <newscache$slrkrj$d92$>, Tony did write:
    > >
    > >> Any one know of something to merge two Almost the same mp3
    > >> archives ?

    > > rsync?

    > Not on winxp.. and no I'm not going to copy over my archives to one
    > of the 50 or so Linux servers I have to try it before someone rants
    > about using Linux. Must be an easy way.

    Hi
    rsync for windows then?

    http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help/rsync/rsync_pc1.html

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    Malcolm, Nov 16, 2007
  5. Tony

    Mark C Guest

    Tony <> wrote in

    > Any one know of something to merge two Almost the same mp3
    > archives ?

    http://mp3bookhelper.sourceforge.net/

    (works for mp3 music as well.)

    IIRC, it calculates CRCs of the MP3 (audio) part of the files to
    identify duplicates (so that different names or different ID3 tags do
    not count as different files.)

    Mark
    Mark C, Nov 16, 2007
  6. Tony wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In article <newscache$slrkrj$d92$>, Tony did write:
    >>
    >>> Any one know of something to merge two Almost the same mp3 archives ?

    >> rsync?

    > Not on winxp.. and no I'm not going to copy over my archives to one of
    > the 50 or so Linux servers I have to try it before someone rants about
    > using Linux. Must be an easy way.

    Look into robocopy
    collector«NZ, Nov 16, 2007
  7. Tony

    Richard Guest

    Mark C wrote:

    >> Any one know of something to merge two Almost the same mp3
    >> archives ?

    > http://mp3bookhelper.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > (works for mp3 music as well.)
    >
    > IIRC, it calculates CRCs of the MP3 (audio) part of the files to
    > identify duplicates (so that different names or different ID3 tags do
    > not count as different files.)

    If only bittorrent worked the same way so I could fix the abortions that
    most people tag with and still seed from the same copy ;)
    Richard, Nov 16, 2007