    Ultimately what I'm looking to accomplish is a way to set up a hot key so that I can quickly flip between the first 6 game rooms and the second 6 game rooms instead of having to individually click on them in the taskbar to bring them up to the front.

    I'm not interested in using a virtual desktop because I have tried a few different ones and it doesn't quite accomplish what I want.

    All I need is a way that I can set a hot key (a bunch of which my keyboard provides) that would basically simulate the physical act of taking the mouse and clicking on the first 6 game rooms in the taskbar or the second 6 game rooms. I'm looking to do this with the original Explorer shell. Thanks so much for any help. Much appreciated.
    Jagr68, Jan 7, 2008

  2. Jagr68

    urstop

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    London
    You can write a small application in VB or something which keeps a reference to the 12 applications, the application can be made to run in the system tray, just besides your time display and have option called toggle, clicking on it can toggle the 6 applications. All this can be done with the explorer shell APIs.

    Thanks,
    Hyderabad
    urstop, Jan 8, 2008

  3. Jagr68

    Jagr68

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Okay, I'm going to look into the VB language a little bit and see if I can figure out how to make this happen. If you don't mind could you sort of point me in the right direction? Like what functions in VB should I be interested in or what would the code generally look like? How would I reference the 12 applications? Thanks so much again for all the help.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
    Jagr68, Jan 8, 2008