    What I want to do is to retireve the numerous pages of a website as you
    would manually. That is, open a site, go to a certain page, then save it to
    your machine.

    richard, Aug 30, 2006

  2. richard

    PeeCee Guest

    PeeCee, Aug 30, 2006

  3. richard

    DanR Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Wondering if there is such an animal?
    > What I want to do is to retireve the numerous pages of a website as
    > you would manually. That is, open a site, go to a certain page, then
    > save it to your machine.

    Among other programs... IE7 will do this.

    DanR, Aug 30, 2006
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    "DanR" <> wrote in message
    > richard wrote:
    >> Wondering if there is such an animal?
    >> What I want to do is to retireve the numerous pages of a website as
    >> you would manually. That is, open a site, go to a certain page, then
    >> save it to your machine.

    > Among other programs... IE7 will do this.

    Will it save the site's database as well?

    richard, Aug 30, 2006
  5. richard

    Guest

    richard wrote:
    > "DanR" <> wrote in message
    > > richard wrote:
    > >> Wondering if there is such an animal?
    > >> What I want to do is to retireve the numerous pages of a website as
    > >> you would manually. That is, open a site, go to a certain page, then
    > >> save it to your machine.

    > > Among other programs... IE7 will do this.
    > >

    > Will it save the site's database as well?

    Not sure what you're trying to achieve but maybe this will help:

    http://www.mjtnet.com/webrecorder.htm

    , Aug 30, 2006
  6. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:01:26 -0600, richard Has Frothed:

    > Wondering if there is such an animal? What I want to do is to retireve the
    > numerous pages of a website as you would manually. That is, open a site,
    > go to a certain page, then save it to your machine.

    You mean like IE6's Work Offline, St00pid?

    Meat Plow, Aug 30, 2006
  7. richard

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:01:26 -0600, richard wrote:

    >Wondering if there is such an animal?

    Your question refers to the subject line? Then, yes there is.

    See past posts in 24HSHD
    several have been mentioned.

    >What I want to do is to retireve the numerous pages of a website as you
    >would manually. That is, open a site, go to a certain page, then save it to

    Could be a bad idea and the server owner may file an abuse report with
    your ISP.

    >your machine.

    Was that 2 questions or the same one twice?

    As for the site database, LOL, are you serious?

    Browse what you have in cache, there are a few apps for that as well as
    trying IE offline mode IIRC, not ever having used it myself.

    Me

    why?, Aug 30, 2006
  8. richard

    richard Guest

    > On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:01:26 -0600, richard wrote:
    >
    >>Wondering if there is such an animal?

    > Your question refers to the subject line? Then, yes there is.
    >
    > See past posts in 24HSHD
    > http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?
    > several have been mentioned.
    >
    >>What I want to do is to retireve the numerous pages of a website as you
    >>would manually. That is, open a site, go to a certain page, then save it

    > Could be a bad idea and the server owner may file an abuse report with
    > your ISP.
    >
    >>your machine.
    >>

    > Was that 2 questions or the same one twice?
    >
    > As for the site database, LOL, are you serious?
    >
    > Browse what you have in cache, there are a few apps for that as well as
    > trying IE offline mode IIRC, not ever having used it myself.
    >

    > Me

    Yes I am serious about the database. I have contacted the webmaster and they
    have finally replied. With any luck, they may be willing to cooperate and
    let me have the info I need.

    As a database is mainly text, downloading it should be no problem. Even with
    a million plus records.

    richard, Aug 30, 2006
  9. richard

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:23:08 -0600, richard wrote:

    >> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:01:26 -0600, richard wrote:
    >>
    >>>Wondering if there is such an animal?

    >> Your question refers to the subject line? Then, yes there is.
    >>
    >> See past posts in 24HSHD
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?
    >> several have been mentioned.
    >>
    >>>What I want to do is to retireve the numerous pages of a website as you
    >>>would manually. That is, open a site, go to a certain page, then save it

    >> Could be a bad idea and the server owner may file an abuse report with
    >> your ISP.
    >>
    >>>your machine.
    >>>

    >> Was that 2 questions or the same one twice?
    >>
    >> As for the site database, LOL, are you serious?
    >>
    >> Browse what you have in cache, there are a few apps for that as well as
    >> trying IE offline mode IIRC, not ever having used it myself.
    >>

    >> Me

    >Yes I am serious about the database. I have contacted the webmaster and they
    >have finally replied. With any luck, they may be willing to cooperate and
    >let me have the info I need.

    Get them to burn it to CD/DVD.

    >As a database is mainly text, downloading it should be no problem. Even with

    You are going to d/l it how? Usually a query on a web based form won't
    return that many records, even if it does all you get is the text form
    of the data mixed up with the HTML, after it's been processed by some
    script. What you don't get is the database, or the scripts and so on.

    Get them to burn it to CD/DVD.

    >a million plus records.

    Not another 1, a database with 10^6 records

    From: "nobody u know" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Problem determing which way to do major list
    Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:45:42 -0600

    Me

    why?, Aug 30, 2006
  10. richard wrote:
    > Wondering if there is such an animal?

    No, I'm not?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2006
  11. richard

    Guest

    "richard" <> wrote:

    >Wondering if there is such an animal?
    >What I want to do is to retireve the numerous pages of a website as you
    >would manually. That is, open a site, go to a certain page, then save it to
    >your machine.

    HTTracker - I used to grab websites with it and put them on a CD for
    someone that didn't have internet access.

    --
    PlayStation Emulators
    http://www.sp0rk.co.uk/Archive/Issue5/stayingin_psx_emus.php

    , Sep 1, 2006
  12. On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:32:46 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> Wondering if there is such an animal?

    > No, I'm not?

    Oh come now, thou multi-talented sandy-skinned long-fangèd/finnèd
    swimmer of the seas, is there anything you are *not*?

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074°N 117.754°W
    gary [] donavan [] org * http://www [] donavan [] org

    Gary G. Taylor, Sep 4, 2006
  13. Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    > On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:32:46 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> Wondering if there is such an animal?

    >> No, I'm not?

    > Oh come now, thou multi-talented sandy-skinned long-fangèd/finnèd
    > swimmer of the seas, is there anything you are *not*?

    <voice class="nixon">

    I am not a crook.

    </voice>

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2006