    --
    RichG TX IL
    Manager http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners/
    rich, Aug 9, 2006

  2. rich

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    rich wrote in message <>...
    >Can any tell me the name of a program ( I hope free and easily available..
    >if not ) that would allow me to insert "comic book style" bubbles over
    >someone's head in a picture and add text to it? I have a bunch of golf

    pix.
    >I will be showing a slide presentation via computer on a big screen TV.

    I'd
    >like to add various golf sayings to the pictures...thanks RG
    >--
    >RichG TX IL
    >Manager http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners/

    You can do it very easily in Paintbrush. Just drag out a white, rounded
    rectangle or oval (make sure fill is "on") and then type the text in it.
    You can make the pointers using lines and then fill in the rest. I've done
    this, and the results are pretty good.

    Of course, you will want to save a backup of your original. Or, you could
    use Photoshop to do what I described. Version 3.0 and higher have layers so
    you can move or delete the bubbles without actually drawing them onto your
    photo.

    Hope this helps!
    Ernie Werbel, Aug 12, 2006