    program. Checked a web sit called www.power-scan.com and it show what looks
    like the program but no details which I find strange.

    Any ideas?

    Loki, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Loki

    °Mike° Guest

    Install and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:21:20 -0500, in
    <>
    Loki scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Loki

    Patrick Guest

    Loki wrote:
    > All of a sudden a program popped up on my PC at start up called Power
    > Scan, which purports to scan for porno. I have no idea where it came
    > from and I did not install it. Not knowing what it is I have not used
    > it nor have I used the "uninstall" button as I'm not sure what it
    > will do. Has anyone else run into this and is it safe to use the
    > uninstall feature? Norton anti virus on a system check detects no
    > virus. The program does not appear in the start menu nor does it
    > appear in the control panel for a installed/uninstall program.
    > Checked a web sit called www.power-scan.com and it show what looks
    > like the program but no details which I find strange.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I.ve removed your e-mail above, it is not wise to publish such things on
    Usenet

    I had a look at that site, very undesirable!
    Thiere privacy policy says they can do what they like with your machine.

    They kindly left a couple of 'data-miner' cookies on my machine.
    I have removed said cookies with 'Ad-Aware' which is a free and respected
    utility for doing such.
    A link to download Ad-Aware is;

    Another free program that is much along the lines Ad-Aware (and so
    respected) is 'Spybot Search and Destroy'.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    What I would do is to install 'Ad-aware' or/and 'Spybot Search and Destroy',
    remove the undesirable program as best as possible and then run 'Ad-aware'
    or/and 'Spybot Search and Destroy'.
    Said programs should be checked for updates (facility to do so is within
    programs).

    Patrick, Oct 3, 2003
  4. Loki

    Loki Guest

    used these and they don't show the program

    Loki, Oct 4, 2003
  5. Loki

    gangle11 Guest

    "Loki" wrote
    > used these and they don't show the program

    M-M-M-M a b e L ?

    gangle11, Oct 4, 2003
  6. Loki

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 03:53:52 -0700, in
    <>
    gangle11 scrawled:

    >"Loki" wrote
    >> used these and they don't show the program

    > M-M-M-M a b e L ?

    That's not Mabel, you poor creature.

    --
    " M E D I C ! "