    Is this a known bug, or is there a fix?

    TIA
    Jim

    Jim, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Jim

    Doug G Guest

    Re: Program opens (task manager says so), but no browser appearsV1.06 and earlier

    Jim wrote:
    > Occasionally I open Firefox and after selecting the user, which is
    > always the same, nothing more happens. The task managers says firefox
    > is running, and repeating the initial step opens additional versions
    > of the task, but still no browser window. The only solution is a
    > restart of windows.
    >
    > Is this a known bug, or is there a fix?
    >
    > TIA
    > Jim

    End the process in the Task Manager and try the shortcut again.

    Doug G, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:46:32 -0500, Doug G <>
    wrote:

    >Jim wrote:
    >> Occasionally I open Firefox and after selecting the user, which is
    >> always the same, nothing more happens. The task managers says firefox
    >> is running, and repeating the initial step opens additional versions
    >> of the task, but still no browser window. The only solution is a
    >> restart of windows.
    >>
    >> Is this a known bug, or is there a fix?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> Jim

    >End the process in the Task Manager and try the shortcut again.

    Sometimes it won't start after killing it. Like right now, when I
    double click to open a local HTML file. I get the profile selection
    window and make the normal choice. The profile window goes away and
    that's the last I see of firefox.

    I guess if no one else has this happening it's an isolated problem,
    even though firefox is now running on a new hard drive with all
    operating system and other software reloaded and the problem occurred
    prior to the new hard drive as well.

    Suppose I should just go back to Mozilla which never exhibited this
    problem.

    Jim, Aug 8, 2005
  4. Jim

    Bert Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 23:03:39 -0500, Jim <> wrote:

    >Sometimes it won't start after killing it. Like right now, when I
    >double click to open a local HTML file. I get the profile selection
    >window and make the normal choice. The profile window goes away and
    >that's the last I see of firefox.
    >
    > I guess if no one else has this happening it's an isolated problem,
    >even though firefox is now running on a new hard drive with all
    >operating system and other software reloaded and the problem occurred
    >prior to the new hard drive as well.
    >
    >Suppose I should just go back to Mozilla which never exhibited this
    >problem.

    I have *exactly* the same problem. Any solutions yet?

    Bert

    Bert, Aug 13, 2005
  5. Jim

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Bert wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 23:03:39 -0500, Jim <> wrote:
    >

    >> Sometimes it won't start after killing it. Like right now, when I
    >> double click to open a local HTML file. I get the profile selection
    >> window and make the normal choice. The profile window goes away and
    >> that's the last I see of firefox.
    >>
    >> I guess if no one else has this happening it's an isolated problem,
    >> even though firefox is now running on a new hard drive with all
    >> operating system and other software reloaded and the problem occurred
    >> prior to the new hard drive as well.
    >>
    >> Suppose I should just go back to Mozilla which never exhibited this
    >> problem.

    > I have *exactly* the same problem. Any solutions yet?

    see if it happens with deerpark alpha 2??

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

    Jedi Fans, Aug 13, 2005