    Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as
    easily?

    Open for suggestions.

    richard, Jan 22, 2008

  2. richard

    art2u Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:33:35 -0500, richard wrote:

    > I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
    >
    > 1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS 4.20].mp3
    >
    > And would like to change the name format to: El Paso - Marty Robbins -
    > 1960
    >
    > I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
    > certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need, but
    > not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory listing.
    >
    > Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as easily?
    >
    > Open for suggestions.

    MP3Tag (google for it)
    -Art- (not Art)

    art2u, Jan 22, 2008

  3. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
    >
    >1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS
    >4.20].mp3
    >
    >And would like to change the name format to:
    >El Paso - Marty Robbins - 1960
    >
    >I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
    >certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need,
    >but not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory
    >listing.
    >
    >Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as
    >easily?
    >
    >Open for suggestions.

    As long as the data is part of the ID tag, MP3 Filename Formatter will
    work.

    Evan Platt, Jan 22, 2008
  4. richard

    dadiOH Guest

    richard wrote:
    > I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
    >
    > 1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS
    > 4.20].mp3
    >
    > And would like to change the name format to:
    > El Paso - Marty Robbins - 1960
    >
    > I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't
    > get a certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what
    > I need, but not the part that actually saves the file name in a
    > directory listing.
    >
    > Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as
    > easily?
    >
    > Open for suggestions.

    Almost any of 100s if not 1000s of tag editors. If the data is not in
    the tag, create it (with editor) from existing file name then use tag
    data to change file name.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jan 22, 2008
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:54:19 +0000 (UTC), art2u <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:33:35 -0500, richard wrote:
    >
    >> I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
    >>
    >> 1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS 4.20].mp3
    >>
    >> And would like to change the name format to: El Paso - Marty Robbins -
    >> 1960
    >>
    >> I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
    >> certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need, but
    >> not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory listing.
    >>
    >> Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as easily?
    >>
    >> Open for suggestions.

    >MP3Tag (google for it)
    >-Art- (not Art)

    http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

    Did the trick just fine thanks.

    richard, Jan 22, 2008
  6. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    > I have hundreds of MP3's with the following named format:
    >
    > 1960_011s - Marty Robbins - El Paso (stereo LP vers.) [226 JS
    > 4.20].mp3
    >
    > And would like to change the name format to:
    > El Paso - Marty Robbins - 1960
    >
    > I have tried writing a simple program in Liberty Basic but can't get a
    > certain part to work properly. I can change the name to what I need,
    > but not the part that actually saves the file name in a directory
    > listing.
    >
    > Any one know of a program that might be able to do this just as
    > easily?
    >
    > Open for suggestions.

    bash. a *real* command line interface.

    --