Program Fails to Close Properly

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Ken Triebold, Feb 13, 2008.

  1. Ken Triebold

    Ken Triebold Guest

    I have installed an older 32 bit program (TurboCAD version 7) on my Vista
    Home Premium x64 computer. I had to use Compatibility Mode (with XP SP2) to
    get it to install and run. It now runs fine but there is one minor issue
    that I would like to eliminate if possible. When I close the program, a
    message is displayed saying:

    TurboCAD for Windows has stopped working.

    Two options are then presented:
    1. Check online for a solution and close the program.
    2. Close the program.

    There is also a list of problem details presented with a lot of data that I
    don't understand, but at the top of the list is this - Problem Event Name:
    APPCRASH

    What I normally do is just select "Close the Program" and it then ends
    without any further problems. I have tried selecting the check online for a
    solution option, but it didn't seem to help any. Is there a way to do away
    with this closure failure box so that TurboCAD will just close without any
    interaction from me?

    Ken Triebold, Feb 13, 2008

  2. Ken Triebold

    Theo Guest

    Have you considered consulting AutoCAD about this? I guess
    you could trying updating to TurboCAD 7.1. The update file
    is available at:
    http://www.softdevspb.com/v2/Techsupport/7_1propatch.htm

    I would suspect the program overall is not compatible
    considering it is a rather old program.

    Theo, Feb 13, 2008

  3. Ken Triebold

    Theo Guest

    Excuse me. I should have type TurboCAD instead of AutoCAD.

    Theo, Feb 13, 2008
  4. Ken Triebold

    Ken Triebold Guest

    Theo, thanks for your reply. You may be right and that there is nothing more
    I can do about this issue. By the way, my program is actually TurboCAD 7.1.

    Also, I assume you meant to ask me if I have considered consulting TurboCAD
    (not AutoCAD). I have not contacted TurboCAD about this but I may do so even
    though as you said TurboCAD 7.1 is quite old and they may not be interested
    in putting forth much effort on my issue.

    Ken Triebold, Feb 13, 2008