    incorporated for scanning when you right click on a file. If I cannot
    remove the file by using uninstall is there a way to remove this option from
    the menu when clicking on files. Any help will be appreciated.

    Jeffrey Lennon, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Jeffrey Lennon

    mark mandel Guest

    "Jeffrey Lennon" <> wrote in message
    news:I9lIc.1940$...
    > I had a problem uninstalling a virus scan program from my computer. It

    kept
    > giving me the message fatal error uninstallion aborted. I tried
    > uninstalling the program a dozen times with the same error. The program
    > itself did not come with its own uninstall utility so it relied on windows
    > one. How can I remove this program from my computer. I cannot locate the
    > original file that it was installed from, so I cant even attempt to
    > reinstall over top and then uninstall it. It also has a command
    > incorporated for scanning when you right click on a file. If I cannot
    > remove the file by using uninstall is there a way to remove this option

    from
    > the menu when clicking on files. Any help will be appreciated.

    You could do it in the Registry but you definitely should back it up before
    doing this. Go from Start to Run, type in Regedit. Once you're in the
    Registry, go from Hkey_local machine-Software-Microsoft-Windows-Current
    Version-Uninstall, locate the program you're trying to uninstall, right
    click, then click on "delete".

    mark mandel, Jul 12, 2004

  3. "mark mandel" <> wrote in message

    > "Jeffrey Lennon" <> wrote in message
    > > I had a problem uninstalling a virus scan program from my computer. It

    > kept
    > > giving me the message fatal error uninstallion aborted. I tried
    > > uninstalling the program a dozen times with the same error. The program
    > > itself did not come with its own uninstall utility so it relied on

    windows
    > > one. How can I remove this program from my computer. I cannot locate

    the
    > > original file that it was installed from, so I cant even attempt to
    > > reinstall over top and then uninstall it. It also has a command
    > > incorporated for scanning when you right click on a file. If I cannot
    > > remove the file by using uninstall is there a way to remove this option

    > from
    > > the menu when clicking on files. Any help will be appreciated.
    > >

    > You could do it in the Registry but you definitely should back it up

    before
    > doing this. Go from Start to Run, type in Regedit. Once you're in the
    > Registry, go from Hkey_local machine-Software-Microsoft-Windows-Current
    > Version-Uninstall, locate the program you're trying to uninstall, right
    > click, then click on "delete".

    I tried that, and its not listed, but its still in the add/remove programs
    menu. Any other ideas?

    Jeffrey Lennon, Jul 12, 2004
  4. "Jeffrey Lennon"
    > I tried that, and its not listed, but its still in the add/remove programs
    > menu. Any other ideas?

    MyUninstaller:
    <http://freehost14.websamba.com/nirsoft/utils/myuninst.html>
    MyUninstaller is an alternative utility to the standard Add/Remove applet of
    Windows operating system.
    It displays the list of all installed application, and allows you to
    uninstall an application, delete an uninstall entry, and save the list of
    all installed applications into a text file or HTML file.
    MyUninstaller also provides additional information for most installed
    applications that the standard Add/Remove applet doesn't display: product
    name, company, version, uninstall string, installation folder and more.

    Regards
    Thorkild Dalsgaard

    Thorkild Dalsgaard, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Jeffrey Lennon

    Tim Guest

    Jeffrey Lennon wrote:

    > I tried that, and its not listed, but its still in the add/remove
    > programs menu. Any other ideas?

    Look in the support section of the manufacturers web site for manual
    uninstall instructions. Or contact them and ask how to manually
    uninstall.

    Tim, Jul 12, 2004