    I have tried a couple and found them more bother than they are worth.
    I tried Startup Cop and Startup Manager.
    TIA

    ripper, Aug 10, 2003

  2. ripper wrote:
    > Windows XP Pro - what is the best program to use to manage the programs that
    > start up when Windows starts? I'd rather not tinker with registry unless I
    > know exactly what to delete from there.
    > Is there a program that can examine the registry and highlight what to
    > delete?
    > I have tried a couple and found them more bother than they are worth.
    > I tried Startup Cop and Startup Manager.
    > TIA

    Start > Run > msconfig

    If you're buying a program to fix Windows, you are donating to scam artists.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 10, 2003

  3. ripper

    TRADESMAN Guest

    3feetunder.com/krick/startup/listhtml
    This lists all of the programs which you have to keep or which you can
    safely delete.
    An excellent site.Just follow the directions and it's eazy peazy.

    TRADESMAN, Aug 10, 2003