    David Tangye
    PO Box 1843, Southport BC, Queensland 4215, Australia
    Home +61 7 5531 3575, Mobile +61 438 826 493
    David Tangye, Oct 22, 2003

  2. David Tangye

    Ed Mullen Guest

    David Tangye wrote:
    > Is there a place in mozilla where the profiles are listed, that I can
    > change the order, and thus get apps like OpenOffice (OOo) to pick up the
    > one I want it to when it connects to mozilla to get address book data?
    >
    > I am sure I have done this in the past, so OOo would pick up addresses
    > from my personal profile, not those from the first profile built, which
    > was root's profile, which I basicly do not use.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    You could import the address books into that first profile. There's
    probably another way at the system level to specify the profile used but
    I haven't a clue about Linux, which you appear to be using.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Mar 27, 2006

  3. David Tangye

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > David Tangye wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a place in mozilla where the profiles are listed, that I can
    >>change the order, and thus get apps like OpenOffice (OOo) to pick up the
    >>one I want it to when it connects to mozilla to get address book data?
    >>
    >>I am sure I have done this in the past, so OOo would pick up addresses
    >>from my personal profile, not those from the first profile built, which
    >>was root's profile, which I basicly do not use.
    >>
    >>Thanks for any help.
    >>

    > You could import the address books into that first profile. There's
    > probably another way at the system level to specify the profile used but
    > I haven't a clue about Linux, which you appear to be using.

    I'm confused here. The message you replied to Ed, was posted in a
    "Profile" message by Ron, not David Tangye
    gwtc, Mar 27, 2006
  4. David Tangye

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:26:15 -0800, in message
     <e07lli$se9$>, gwtc wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    > > David Tangye wrote:
    > >
    > >>Is there a place in mozilla where the profiles are listed, that I can
    > >>change the order, and thus get apps like OpenOffice (OOo) to pick up the
    > >>one I want it to when it connects to mozilla to get address book data?
    > >>
    > >>I am sure I have done this in the past, so OOo would pick up addresses
    > >>from my personal profile, not those from the first profile built, which
    > >>was root's profile, which I basicly do not use.
    > >>
    > >>Thanks for any help.
    > >>

    > > You could import the address books into that first profile. There's
    > > probably another way at the system level to specify the profile used but
    > > I haven't a clue about Linux, which you appear to be using.
    > >

    > I'm confused here. The message you replied to Ed, was posted in a
    > "Profile" message by Ron, not David Tangye

    The message which Ed Mullen replied to was this one.

    | From: David Tangye
    | Subject: Profiles
    | Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:42:08 +1000
    | Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla

    Check the 'References' header of Ed's message.

    FWIW, in that referenced message-id, the "3f9609e8"
    is the Unix time of that message in hexadecimal.

    hex 3f9609e8 = decimal 1066797544 = 22 Oct 2003 04:39:04 GMT.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."