    Is there one available? If so, where could I obtain it?

    Many thanks,

    Gordo

    Gordo, Mar 16, 2009

  2. Gordo

    pupick Guest

    Generally start with the most closely matched profile that comes with your
    printer.
    In this case it would probably be Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy.
    Be sure you understand Canon's procedures for color managed printing in
    Photoshop.
    If you are not satisfied with the results compared to using Canon's own
    paper, and do not want to pay for a custom profile (which would be sort of
    nuts for using Costco brand paper) then try to analyze what you think is off
    about the Kirkland paper print.
    You can create a test strip with adjustments to brightness (the most common
    issue) or color (far more difficult to do by eyeballing) and save whatever
    works for you as an action that you can apply just prior to printing.
    Most modern consumer higher grade glossy papers tend to print similarly in
    my experience using the canned profile for the printer manufacturer's
    comparable paper stock.

    pupick, Mar 16, 2009

  3. pupick wrote:
    > Generally start with the most closely matched profile that comes with
    > your printer.
    > In this case it would probably be Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy.
    > Be sure you understand Canon's procedures for color managed printing in
    > Photoshop.
    > If you are not satisfied with the results compared to using Canon's own
    > paper, and do not want to pay for a custom profile (which would be sort
    > of nuts for using Costco brand paper) then try to analyze what you think
    > is off about the Kirkland paper print.
    > You can create a test strip with adjustments to brightness (the most
    > common issue) or color (far more difficult to do by eyeballing) and save
    > whatever works for you as an action that you can apply just prior to
    > printing.
    > Most modern consumer higher grade glossy papers tend to print similarly
    > in my experience using the canned profile for the printer manufacturer's
    > comparable paper stock.

    One way is to get a custom profile made. I've had good luck with Cathy's
    Profiles. http://www.cathysprofiles.com/ I found the profiles to be top
    notch.

    John Passaneau

    John Passaneau, Mar 17, 2009
  4. Gordo

    D-Mac Guest

    John Passaneau wrote:
    > pupick wrote:
    >> Generally start with the most closely matched profile that comes with
    >> your printer.
    >> In this case it would probably be Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy.
    >> Be sure you understand Canon's procedures for color managed printing
    >> in Photoshop.
    >> If you are not satisfied with the results compared to using Canon's
    >> own paper, and do not want to pay for a custom profile (which would be
    >> sort of nuts for using Costco brand paper) then try to analyze what
    >> you think is off about the Kirkland paper print.
    >> You can create a test strip with adjustments to brightness (the most
    >> common issue) or color (far more difficult to do by eyeballing) and
    >> save whatever works for you as an action that you can apply just prior
    >> to printing.
    >> Most modern consumer higher grade glossy papers tend to print
    >> similarly in my experience using the canned profile for the printer
    >> manufacturer's comparable paper stock.

    > One way is to get a custom profile made. I've had good luck with Cathy's
    > Profiles. http://www.cathysprofiles.com/ I found the profiles to be top
    > notch.
    >
    > John Passaneau

    The problem with trying to profile "rebadged" papers or inks is they
    almost never produce identical results. What is bought from Ilford and
    rebadged today might come from Kodak tomorrow.

    With a decent profile costing $40 or so, isn't it making better sense to
    pay more for the right paper?

    D-Mac.info

    D-Mac, Mar 17, 2009