    my settings are gone. Please help. I have backup of my computer, how can I
    restore all the settings?
    Thanks

    Ron, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Ron

    Doug G Guest

    Ron wrote:
    > What happened? I went to the house last night and Firefox looks like a new
    > installation. No plugins, no history, no saved passwords, no nothing. All is
    > gone, just plain firefox.
    > I came to work this morning and my office computer has the same problem. All
    > my settings are gone. Please help. I have backup of my computer, how can I
    > restore all the settings?
    > Thanks

    The DLL files for the plugins you've installed usually reside in
    Firefox's plugins folder or where the plugin installed them.

    Firefox profiles are kept in a different folder from the program files.
    Default profile folder locations: http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

    If the missing profile folder is where it is supposed to be, you may be
    able to restore it by replacing the profiles.ini file in the
    \Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox folder with your backup copy of the
    file. Do it while Firefox is closed.

    Doug G, Jun 10, 2005