    items are "Firefox" and "Firefox (safe mode)".
    Also tried running it from the command line, but no go.

    How can I go back to the default profile with all my links etc?
    GO BLUZ, Jan 20, 2005

  2. GO BLUZ

    GO BLUZ Guest

    I managed to start up profile manager with the 2 profiles in it:

    tried starting "Default" and it says cannot start, already in use.
    "User" the new one, is the one missing all my links and material.

    I havent lost everything have I?

    "GO BLUZ" <> wrote in message
    > Just after spending ages configuring all my bookmarks and favorite pages,

    it

    GO BLUZ, Jan 20, 2005

  3. GO BLUZ

    Charles Guest

    "GO BLUZ" <> wrote in message
    |I managed to start up profile manager with the 2 profiles in it:
    |
    | tried starting "Default" and it says cannot start, already in use.
    | "User" the new one, is the one missing all my links and material.
    |
    | I havent lost everything have I?

    Maybe not, go to the Taskmanager (in XP) and see if Firefox.exe is there.
    (Exit Firefox before doing this). If it is End the process, then try your default
    profile again
    Charles, Jan 20, 2005
  4. GO BLUZ

    GO BLUZ Guest

    I tried that, despite nothing running, it wont let me run the default
    profile.

    Claiming it is already in use.

    GO BLUZ, Jan 20, 2005
  5. GO BLUZ wrote:
    > I tried that, despite nothing running, it wont let me run the default
    > profile.
    >
    > Claiming it is already in use.
    >

    > "Charles" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"GO BLUZ" <> wrote in message
    >>|I managed to start up profile manager with the 2 profiles in it:
    >>|
    >>| tried starting "Default" and it says cannot start, already in use.
    >>| "User" the new one, is the one missing all my links and material.
    >>|
    >>| I havent lost everything have I?
    >>|

    >>Maybe not, go to the Taskmanager (in XP) and see if Firefox.exe is there.
    >>(Exit Firefox before doing this). If it is End the process, then try your

    > default
    >
    >>profile again

    Go to your profile folder and look for a file named parent.lock. If you
    are sure Firefox is not still running, delete this file. If that
    doesn't do it, reboot the machine and try again.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 20, 2005