    programs?

    During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is being
    setup and given a chance to change it.

    Stubby, Aug 24, 2006

  2. Stubby

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on the
    > Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for all
    > programs?
    >
    > During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is being
    > setup and given a chance to change it.

    There's a poll running now on new features in mozilla.support.firefox.
    Go ahead and add your two cents. ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 24, 2006

  3. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >> I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on
    >> the Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for
    >> all programs?
    >>
    >> During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is
    >> being setup and given a chance to change it.

    > There's a poll running now on new features in mozilla.support.firefox.
    > Go ahead and add your two cents. ;-)

    I get "Server not found" on that site (and www.m...)
    Firefox is just one program. I'm also interested in the same change to
    Thunderbird and Sunbird.

    Stubby, Aug 24, 2006
  4. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >> I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on
    >> the Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for
    >> all programs?
    >>
    >> During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is
    >> being setup and given a chance to change it.

    > There's a poll running now on new features in mozilla.support.firefox.
    > Go ahead and add your two cents. ;-)

    you should have also told them that they can access that newsgroup on
    the mozilla servers: news://news.mozilla.org

    --
    Amazingly Simple Home Remedies . . .

    If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, after which
    you'll be afraid to cough.

    gwtc, Aug 24, 2006
  5. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:
    >>> I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on
    >>> the Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for
    >>> all programs?
    >>>
    >>> During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is
    >>> being setup and given a chance to change it.

    >> There's a poll running now on new features in mozilla.support.firefox.
    >> Go ahead and add your two cents. ;-)
    >>

    > you should have also told them that they can access that newsgroup on
    > the mozilla servers: news://news.mozilla.org

    Blank screen. NFG.

    Stubby, Aug 24, 2006
  6. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Stubby wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> There's a poll running now on new features in
    >>> mozilla.support.firefox. Go ahead and add your two cents. ;-)
    >>>

    >> you should have also told them that they can access that newsgroup on
    >> the mozilla servers: news://news.mozilla.org
    >>

    > Blank screen. NFG.

    its not a browser link. Its a news server. It doesn't go into the
    browser. It goes into your Mail/New program -- such as Thunderbird.
    Click on Tools, Account Settings, and the Add Account on the bottom
    left, and add the account.

    gwtc, Aug 24, 2006
  7. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >>

    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> you should have also told them that they can access that newsgroup on
    >>> the mozilla servers: news://news.mozilla.org
    >>>

    >> Blank screen. NFG.

    > its not a browser link. Its a news server. It doesn't go into the
    > browser. It goes into your Mail/New program -- such as Thunderbird.
    > Click on Tools, Account Settings, and the Add Account on the bottom
    > left, and add the account.

    Thanks. I'm getting closer. I found mozilla.dev.general on
    news.mozilla.org . That seems to be the "right" place for my suggestion.

    Stubby, Aug 25, 2006
  8. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Stubby wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:

    >>> Blank screen. NFG.

    >> its not a browser link. Its a news server. It doesn't go into the
    >> browser. It goes into your Mail/New program -- such as Thunderbird.
    >> Click on Tools, Account Settings, and the Add Account on the bottom
    >> left, and add the account.
    >>

    > Thanks. I'm getting closer. I found mozilla.dev.general on
    > news.mozilla.org . That seems to be the "right" place for my suggestion.

    the dev is for developers only. You want the mozilla.support.firefox.
    This is for support for using FF

    --
    Amazingly Simple Home Remedies . . .

    gwtc, Aug 25, 2006
  9. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >>

    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> its not a browser link. Its a news server. It doesn't go into the
    >>> browser. It goes into your Mail/New program -- such as Thunderbird.
    >>> Click on Tools, Account Settings, and the Add Account on the bottom
    >>> left, and add the account.
    >>>

    >> Thanks. I'm getting closer. I found mozilla.dev.general on
    >> news.mozilla.org . That seems to be the "right" place for my
    >> suggestion.
    >>

    > the dev is for developers only. You want the mozilla.support.firefox.
    > This is for support for using FF

    I don't know what you mean by "the dev". However, I want to ask the
    "developers" to spend the 5 minutes or so to show the profile name and
    location on Help>About. It's really easy to do.

    Stubby, Aug 25, 2006
  10. Stubby

    Guest

    About 10 replies and no one still knows where the profile is
    located.... Pretty sad !!!!

    On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:00:23 -0400, Stubby
    <> wrote:

    >I suggest all Mozilla products should say where their profile is on the
    >Help>About screen. Is there a way to submit this suggestion for all
    >programs?
    >
    >During installation, the user should be advised of what profile is being
    >setup and given a chance to change it.

    , Aug 26, 2006
  11. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:

    >>> Thanks. I'm getting closer. I found mozilla.dev.general on
    >>> news.mozilla.org . That seems to be the "right" place for my
    >>> suggestion.
    >>>

    >> the dev is for developers only. You want the mozilla.support.firefox.
    >> This is for support for using FF
    >>

    > I don't know what you mean by "the dev". However, I want to ask the
    > "developers" to spend the 5 minutes or so to show the profile name and
    > location on Help>About. It's really easy to do.

    you said you found the group called mozilla.dev.general and I'm saying
    that the dev stands for developers. Its a developers group only, not
    for user support

    --
    Amazingly Simple Home Remedies . . .

    gwtc, Aug 26, 2006
  12. Stubby

    gwtc Guest

    wrote:
    > About 10 replies and no one still knows where the profile is
    > located.... Pretty sad !!!!

    thats because nobody ask.

    --
    Amazingly Simple Home Remedies . . .

    gwtc, Aug 26, 2006
  13. Stubby

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time ** wrote:
    > About 10 replies and no one still knows where the profile is
    > located.... Pretty sad !!!!

    Nobody have asked sutch a question, so why do you belive no one knows?

    BTW, please don't top post!

    * How to quote: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html#toc2
    * From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    Arne, Aug 26, 2006
  14. Stubby

    John Guest

    Stubby wrote:

    > I don't know what you mean by "the dev". However, I want to ask the
    > "developers" to spend the 5 minutes or so to show the profile name and
    > location on Help>About. It's really easy to do.

    Whoaa! Unless you're one of the mozilla developers (and why put quotes
    around developer? are you suggesting that they're not really developers and
    some software program is writing the code for them?) how do you know that
    it's "easy" and that it will only take 5 minutes? Have you looked at the
    code? How did you arrive at that estimate?

    I'll never get an intelligent response from you.

    John, Aug 26, 2006
  15. Stubby wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:

    >>> Thanks. I'm getting closer. I found mozilla.dev.general on
    >>> news.mozilla.org . That seems to be the "right" place for my
    >>> suggestion.
    >>>

    >> the dev is for developers only. You want the mozilla.support.firefox.
    >> This is for support for using FF
    >>

    > I don't know what you mean by "the dev". However, I want to ask the
    > "developers" to spend the 5 minutes or so to show the profile name and
    > location on Help>About. It's really easy to do.

    If yoy think its real easy to do, then do it yourself. Its open source
    after all, anyone can contribute code.

    Since this is so easy to do, please do it and submit the code, it will
    be checked and if suitable will be included in the next release.

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Aug 26, 2006
  16. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> the dev is for developers only. You want the
    >>> mozilla.support.firefox. This is for support for using FF
    >>>

    >> I don't know what you mean by "the dev". However, I want to ask the
    >> "developers" to spend the 5 minutes or so to show the profile name and
    >> location on Help>About. It's really easy to do.

    > If yoy think its real easy to do, then do it yourself. Its open source
    > after all, anyone can contribute code.
    >
    > Since this is so easy to do, please do it and submit the code, it will
    > be checked and if suitable will be included in the next release.

    I looked into what it takes to build the Mozilla programs on my machine
    and it was just plain too much work. As I recall, I would have to
    install Cygwin and a bunch of UNIX programs . And then there is the
    problem of being sure I have the right version of all the programs and
    source files.

    Stubby, Aug 26, 2006
  17. Stubby wrote:
    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:

    >>> I don't know what you mean by "the dev". However, I want to ask the
    >>> "developers" to spend the 5 minutes or so to show the profile name
    >>> and location on Help>About. It's really easy to do.

    >> If yoy think its real easy to do, then do it yourself. Its open source
    >> after all, anyone can contribute code.
    >>
    >> Since this is so easy to do, please do it and submit the code, it will
    >> be checked and if suitable will be included in the next release.

    > I looked into what it takes to build the Mozilla programs on my machine
    > and it was just plain too much work. As I recall, I would have to
    > install Cygwin and a bunch of UNIX programs . And then there is the
    > problem of being sure I have the right version of all the programs and
    > source files.

    But you said it was really easy to do! You mean it isnt?

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Aug 26, 2006
  18. Stubby

    John Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> Stubby wrote:

    >>> I don't know what you mean by "the dev". However, I want to ask the
    >>> "developers" to spend the 5 minutes or so to show the profile name
    >>> and location on Help>About. It's really easy to do.

    >> If yoy think its real easy to do, then do it yourself. Its open source
    >> after all, anyone can contribute code.
    >>
    >> Since this is so easy to do, please do it and submit the code, it will
    >> be checked and if suitable will be included in the next release.

    > I looked into what it takes to build the Mozilla programs on my machine
    > and it was just plain too much work. As I recall, I would have to
    > install Cygwin and a bunch of UNIX programs . And then there is the
    > problem of being sure I have the right version of all the programs and
    > source files.

    Hey, aren't you the person that said it was 5 minutes easy? Now, you're
    saying it's a bitch of a project.

    John, Aug 26, 2006
  19. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    John wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >> Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> If yoy think its real easy to do, then do it yourself. Its open
    >>> source after all, anyone can contribute code.
    >>>
    >>> Since this is so easy to do, please do it and submit the code, it
    >>> will be checked and if suitable will be included in the next release.

    >> I looked into what it takes to build the Mozilla programs on my
    >> machine and it was just plain too much work. As I recall, I would
    >> have to install Cygwin and a bunch of UNIX programs . And then there
    >> is the problem of being sure I have the right version of all the
    >> programs and source files.
    >>

    > Hey, aren't you the person that said it was 5 minutes easy? Now, you're
    > saying it's a bitch of a project.

    Oh. Please. Give me a system running the right OS, compiler, etc.
    And give me a little while to look through the source code and I'll do
    the job with little effort. A seasoned Mozilla developer should be
    able to tune up the display produced by the Help>About command.

    Stubby, Aug 26, 2006
  20. Stubby wrote:

    > John wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:

    >>> I looked into what it takes to build the Mozilla programs on my
    >>> machine and it was just plain too much work. As I recall, I would
    >>> have to install Cygwin and a bunch of UNIX programs . And then there
    >>> is the problem of being sure I have the right version of all the
    >>> programs and source files.
    >>>

    >> Hey, aren't you the person that said it was 5 minutes easy? Now,
    >> you're saying it's a bitch of a project.

    > Oh. Please. Give me a system running the right OS, compiler, etc. And
    > give me a little while to look through the source code and I'll do the
    > job with little effort. A seasoned Mozilla developer should be able
    > to tune up the display produced by the Help>About command.

    Whats the 'right' OS? The program can be developed on Windows/Linux and
    Mac - it is after all a cross platform program.

    Whats the 'right' compiler? You can use several dependent on what system
    you are on.

    You mean, you KNOW it will be easy, yet you havent looked at the source
    code? Isnt that a little presumptuous of you?

    Come now, YOU are the one who said it would be easy, it can be done with
    little effort. Now you are just making excuses why you cant do it. If
    its so easy, then DO IT.

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Aug 27, 2006