    bookmarks are stored.

    Any guidance in this matter will be highly appreciated.

    Regards.
    newbie, Oct 12, 2005

  2. newbie

    Ed Mullen Guest

    newbie wrote:

    > Today, suddenly, out of blue firefox asked me about my profile.
    >
    > After that firefox with my existing profile vanished.
    >
    > I had lots of bookmark in my old profile and I cannot get them back.
    >
    > Further when I went for updates it went ahead and updated to newer version
    > ofcourse with permission.
    >
    > My query is how do I get back firefox with my old profile where all my
    > bookmarks are stored.
    >
    > Any guidance in this matter will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > Regards.

    Exit FF. Bring up Task Manager and see if there's a firefox.exe process
    still running. If so, terminate it.

    Next, go to your profile folder and see if there's a file "parent.lock."
    Delete it. Run FF and see if it gets your old profile. If not, exit
    FF. Run the profile manager (Start - Run - firefox.exe -p) and select
    it there. Should be ok unless you had some kind of major crash. Let us
    know.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 12, 2005

  3. newbie

    newbie Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    || newbie wrote:
    ||| Today, suddenly, out of blue firefox asked me about my profile.
    ||| After that firefox with my existing profile vanished.
    ||| I had lots of bookmark in my old profile and I cannot get them back.
    ||| Further when I went for updates it went ahead and updated to newer
    ||| version ofcourse with permission.
    ||| My query is how do I get back firefox with my old profile where all
    ||| my bookmarks are stored.
    ||| Any guidance in this matter will be highly appreciated.
    ||| Regards.
    || Exit FF. Bring up Task Manager and see if there's a firefox.exe
    || process still running. If so, terminate it.
    || Next, go to your profile folder and see if there's a file
    || "parent.lock." Delete it. Run FF and see if it gets your old
    || profile. If not, exit FF. Run the profile manager (Start - Run -
    || firefox.exe -p) and select it there. Should be ok unless you had
    || some kind of major crash. Let us know.
    || --
    || Ed Mullen
    || http://edmullen.net
    || http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    || Always remember you are unique, like everyone else.

    Thanks Ed,
    I got my bookmarks back.
    As per your suggestion closed FF. Went to task Manger - ff.exe was not
    running. Closed TaskManager.

    Ran the profile manager and got back my bookmarks.

    Thanks once again.
    Regards.
    newbie, Oct 12, 2005
  4. newbie

    Mick Tully Guest

    "newbie" <> wrote in message
    > Today, suddenly, out of blue firefox asked me about my profile.
    >
    > After that firefox with my existing profile vanished.
    >
    > I had lots of bookmark in my old profile and I cannot get them back.
    >
    > Further when I went for updates it went ahead and updated to newer version
    > ofcourse with permission.
    >
    > My query is how do I get back firefox with my old profile where all my
    > bookmarks are stored.
    >
    > Any guidance in this matter will be highly appreciated.

    I hope this helps:
    http://users.tns.net/~skingery/firefox/firefox_tips.html#manage
    Mick Tully, Oct 12, 2005