Professional Lab that provides ICC profiles?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by louise, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. louise

    louise Guest

    I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
    that I have adjusted in CS3.

    I don't want a technician who decides what I want the photo
    to look like. I am looking for a lab that provides good ICC
    profiles so that I can adjust my image before sending it.

    Recommendation?

    BTW, I have tried Adorama and discovered that I could not
    produce vibrancy with their profiles; I then discovered the
    profiles are at least two years old which may have something
    to do with it.

    Suggestions appreciated.

    Louise

    louise, Jun 22, 2007

  2. louise

    simon Guest

    simon, Jun 22, 2007

  3. louise

    Ray Paseur Guest

    > I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
    > that I have adjusted in CS3.

    In Washington, DC, you might want to contact National Geographic labs.
    They take walk-in business and have counter staff that understand
    photography. Another local resource is Chrome Labs in Georgetown.

    You might want to contact a high-end photo school like the Brooks
    Institute. Or Google search for "competition prints" - anybody that
    understands competition printing is very likely to be able to help you.

    Ray Paseur, Jun 22, 2007
  4. louise

    CMS Guest

    In article <>,
    louise <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for a professional lab to print 16x20 photos
    > that I have adjusted in CS3.
    >
    > I don't want a technician who decides what I want the photo
    > to look like. I am looking for a lab that provides good ICC
    > profiles so that I can adjust my image before sending it.
    >
    > Recommendation?
    >
    > BTW, I have tried Adorama and discovered that I could not
    > produce vibrancy with their profiles; I then discovered the
    > profiles are at least two years old which may have something
    > to do with it.
    >
    > Suggestions appreciated.
    >
    > Louise

    Louise,

    There is also the possibility to create the ICC profile yourself with
    the new software called PerfX Prints which uses a scanner to create ICC
    profile. More information at www.perfxprints.com

    Louis.

    CMS, Jun 23, 2007