    inconspicuously in a pants pocket.

    Thank you for any advice.

    Mike Kendall
    Mike Kendall, May 12, 2008

  2. Mike Kendall wrote:
    > As a previous 35mm SLR user, I was aware that professional
    > photographers regarded several specific models of camera as worthy
    > pocket-size backups. For example, the Yashica T4.
    >
    > Along these lines, what models are pro digital photographers tending
    > to carry these days as a backup pocket camera?
    >
    > By "pocket" I mean something that can be carried relatively
    > inconspicuously in a pants pocket.
    >
    > Thank you for any advice.
    >
    > Mike Kendall

    As a non-pro, I carry a black Panasonic TZ5 as a compact, but capable,
    backup camera.

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz5/

    David
    David J Taylor, May 13, 2008

  3. Mike Kendall

    SMS Guest

    irwell wrote:

    > The new Sony W170, 28mm wide angle, optical viewfinder, instant
    > focus when set to Infinity, 5x optical zoom. Superb PQ.

    Do you have this camera? I told a relative to buy a Canon SD800 since at
    the time it was the only model with a 28mm wide angle and optical
    viewfinder, but she didn't act fast and now it's discontinued. I saw the
    new Sony W170, with the only drawback being the memory stick memory
    card, and thought this would be a good choice now, but there were no
    reviews of it yet.
    SMS, Jun 29, 2008