    build of NIS 2007 that I can.

    Please help me to understand what to do.
    Thanks Mike

    Mike, Mar 25, 2007

  2. Mike

    B. Nice Guest

    On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:52:12 -0500, "Mike" <> wrote:

    >I just bought a retail copy of
    >NIS 2007 I think this an old copy
    >of the product that may have been
    >on Sams Club's shelves since long
    >before Vista was released. Can I
    >download a newer version from the
    >Symantec download site and apply
    >my retail product key to it ?

    I think Symantec support is the right place to ask this question.

    >I am just trying to end up with the latest
    >build of NIS 2007 that I can.
    >
    >Please help me to understand what to do.

    You have different options:

    1) Ask Symantec if they've got a Vista ready version for you to
    download and install.

    2) See if you can return the product for a refund and then go back and
    start learning about security and how to stay out of trouble in the
    first place.

    B. Nice, Mar 25, 2007

  3. Mike

    Hexalon Guest

    On Mar 24, 7:52 pm, "Mike" <> wrote:
    > I just bought a retail copy of
    > NIS 2007 I think this an old copy
    > of the product that may have been
    > on Sams Club's shelves since long
    > before Vista was released. Can I
    > download a newer version from the
    > Symantec download site and apply
    > my retail product key to it ?
    >
    > I am just trying to end up with the latest
    > build of NIS 2007 that I can.
    >
    > Please help me to understand what to do.
    > Thanks Mike

    Did you check the system requirements? If you don't see Vista on the
    list I would avoid it.

    Hexalon, Mar 25, 2007
  4. Mike

    Notan Guest

    Hexalon wrote:
    > On Mar 24, 7:52 pm, "Mike" <> wrote:
    >> I just bought a retail copy of
    >> NIS 2007 I think this an old copy
    >> of the product that may have been
    >> on Sams Club's shelves since long
    >> before Vista was released. Can I
    >> download a newer version from the
    >> Symantec download site and apply
    >> my retail product key to it ?
    >>
    >> I am just trying to end up with the latest
    >> build of NIS 2007 that I can.
    >>
    >> Please help me to understand what to do.
    >> Thanks Mike

    > Did you check the system requirements? If you don't see Vista on the
    > list I would avoid it.

    And in the case of NIS, ...

    --
    Notan