    Hi,

    Is there a way to check what my product key is for my windows xp?

    thanks
    Golf Nut, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Golf Nut

    Basket Case Guest

    Basket Case, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Golf Nut

    George Guest

    I honestly haven't looked on my WinXP system, but in past versions of
    Windows you could always find it in the registry.

    George, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Golf Nut

    Rob-J Guest

    Run regedit and look for the key;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    look for the key ProductID, this should list your number.

    Rob-J, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Golf Nut

    Thor Guest

    search around for a program that will reveal the installed product key for
    you. There are several out there that will do this.

    Thor, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Golf Nut

    Thor Guest

    "Rob-J" <> wrote in message
    > Run regedit and look for the key;
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    > look for the key ProductID, this should list your number.

    The problem is that number is not useful for reinstalling XP. The product
    Key is different from the product ID.
    Thor, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Golf Nut

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Golf Nut wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to check what my product key is for my windows xp?
    >
    > thanks

    There is a small program available called Windows XP product key viewer.
    I can't recall where I got it, but it is only 12k in length, so if
    you want it, and can't find it by Google, remove the obvious from my
    email address and let me know and I will forward it to you.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Feb 18, 2004
  8. Golf Nut

    Golf Nut Guest

    Have not tried it yet. Will try it on a test machine in a little bit.
    thanks all for your input.

    Golf Nut, Feb 18, 2004
  9. Golf Nut

    golf nut Guest

    works great.
    thanks

    golf nut, Feb 18, 2004
  10. Golf Nut

    golf nut Guest

    > "Golf Nut" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is there a way to check what my product key is for my windows xp?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >

    > Try this:
    >
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ViewKeyXP.htm

    Works great.
    thanks
    golf nut, Feb 18, 2004
  11. Golf Nut

    GG PYNDANSKI Guest

    IF ONE HAD A LEGAL COPY, ONE COULD LOOK ON THEIR STICKER. GG PYNDANSKI IS
    LEGAL! ARE YOU?

    GG PYNDANSKI, Feb 21, 2004
  12. Golf Nut

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    GG PYNDANSKI wrote:

    > IF ONE HAD A LEGAL COPY, ONE COULD LOOK ON THEIR STICKER. GG PYNDANSKI IS
    > LEGAL! ARE YOU?

    Don't yell at me, I have a headache.

    Yes, I have three Windows XP computers in my small network, and they are
    all legal and registered installations from original CDs. Only one of
    the computers has a sticker though telling me these details.

    All that is beside the point though, as I was not the one looking for
    the information. Perhaps next time you will address your comments to
    the correct person.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Feb 21, 2004
  13. Golf Nut

    jimjijm85

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    xp key checker

    those methods do not work on 64 bit and are quite outdated,
    there is a new free xp key checker that support key finding on both 32 and 64 bit and in any case works better: xpkeychecker.com
    jimjijm85, Aug 4, 2010