    version. I'm doing something wrong here but can't figure it out. What am I
    supposed to do about the Product Key?

    Thank you.

    RichM, Dec 12, 2007

  2. RichM

    S.SubZero Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/facts/trial.mspx

    "The Windows XP Professional x64 Edition trial software download is
    available at no charge. After you have completed the download
    registration process, you will receive an e-mail message with a link
    to the download page. The download page will include the download file
    and a product key for the trial software."

    If you did not download it from MS, you did not get this email
    obviously.

    S.SubZero, Dec 12, 2007

  3. When you order the download, you get a product key on the completed order
    form, which you're warned to print or save. Plus, the email you receive with
    the download link has a customer service link at the bottom where you can
    retrieve your key. So if you actually got the software from MS, you have two
    possible ways to get the key.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 12, 2007
  4. RichM

    RichM Guest

    Thanks to both of you. Yes, I did download it from MS and when I did I
    printed the order form in a PDF and saved it in a new folder that I created
    for documents like this. Of course, I forgot about the new folder until you
    mentioned the order form. I knew something was wrong.

    Thanks for your help. The OS trial is now loading on my virtual machine
    which is VMware Workstation. Thanks to Charlie Russel for letting me know it
    supports 64-bit. I wonder why Microsoft's VM doesn't support 64-bit. You'd
    think they would be pushing it.

    Anyway, I look forward to trying out XP Pro x64.

    Thanks again.

    RichM, Dec 12, 2007