    Pack 1a. It is the only FULL edition that I have, even though I do have the
    XP Professional Upgrade but it will not work on the new harddrive
    installation.
    =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZVNwaXJpdA==?=, Jun 8, 2005

  2. The Product Key is not on the CD at all.
    The sticker you seem to have misplaced is the only place unless it is still
    installed or you wrote it down somewhere.

    If Windows XP is retail, contact Microsoft for replacement key:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

    If Windows XP is OEM, contact the seller.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jun 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZVNwaXJpdA==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    FreeSpirit <> rambled:
    > Hi there! I was hoping someone can direct me to find the Product ID
    > code for installation. I have my original XP CD but have had to
    > replace the harddrive in my computer, thus a new installation. I have
    > the CD in a white envelope and not the original case so I do not have
    > that number that was on the sticker. I need to know where I find that
    > on my CD so I can install this stupid thing! Please help! I have
    > Windows XP Home Edition with the Service Pack 1a. It is the only FULL
    > edition that I have, even though I do have the XP Professional
    > Upgrade but it will not work on the new harddrive installation.

    Sorry man, the only place you'll find it (unless it's already installed) is
    on the sticker on the case that says, in big letters, DON'T LOSE THIS.

    If it's already installed, google for JellyBean. It's a small program that
    will find the key code for you.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    4 out of 5 dentists recommend www.mcngp.com
    Briscobar, Jun 8, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZVNwaXJpdA==?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <> wrote
    > If Windows XP is OEM, contact the seller.

    Some OEMs also put the key on the case somewhere.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Jun 8, 2005
  5. The Microsoft & WUGNET Shareware Pick of the Week for Windows XP
    has a trial program for The Ultimate Troubleshooter by AnswersThatWork.com
    If you try it out this program you might just stumble on to your P. Code as
    well a other interesting things.

    http://www.wugnet.com/shareware/spow.asp?ID=572
    --
    Onward Through The Fog,