    bose Guest

    can anyone help me out to let me know the product id of win xp pro. i will be
    really thankfull.

    bose, May 24, 2006

  2. bose

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, bose spurted out:
    > can anyone help me out to let me know the product id of win xp pro. i
    > will be really thankfull.

    ABCDE-12345-FGHIJ-67890-KLMNO

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011

    Guest, May 24, 2006

  3. That is in the Product Key format, not the Product ID.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 25, 2006
  4. Right click My Computer and click Properties
    The Product ID is the 20 character string on the last line of "Registered
    to"
    Every computer is different.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 25, 2006
  5. bose

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Jupiter Jones [MVP] spurted out:
    > That is in the Product Key format, not the Product ID.

    Really??? Ya think maybe I did that on purpose? Who's going to give out their
    product key? And why would someone be so stupid as to ask for one?

    Guest, May 25, 2006
  6. I had no way of knowing if you did it on purpose since the format was for a
    key and an ID was requested.
    I do not assume everyone knows the difference since many regularly show they
    do not know.

    Many come to the newsgroups posting their key and asking others for a key.
    So the answer to your question is many post their Product Keys.
    As for why someone would ask, because they need a key and do not understand
    how it works.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 25, 2006
  7. bose

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Jupiter Jones [MVP] spurted out:
    > I had no way of knowing if you did it on purpose since the format was
    > for a key and an ID was requested.
    > I do not assume everyone knows the difference since many regularly
    > show they do not know.

    That is one reason I opted to not post an id like AGGTU-F34GH- etc. and went
    with the ABCDE-12345- instead. I figured if they were asking for a key to get
    their XP activated they would at least had no luck with that.

    > Many come to the newsgroups posting their key and asking others for a
    > key. So the answer to your question is many post their Product Keys.
    > As for why someone would ask, because they need a key and do not
    > understand how it works.

    If you know *anything* about me (read my sig) or the people I am affiliated
    with, you would automatically know that not a single one of us would ever do
    anything illegal in these newsgroups, especially something as illegal as posting
    a key to copyrighted material, answers to any exam questions, or violate the NDA
    in any manner. You're an MVP you should know that. ;)

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011

    Guest, May 25, 2006
  8. I do not know about you or those you are affiliated.
    I also did not mean to suggest you were posting anything inappropriately
    such as a valid PK since the letter/number combination of what you posted is
    obviously invalid.
    Apparently I mistakenly thought you may not know the difference between a
    Product ID and Product Key as many confuse the two.

    I apologize if it seemed otherwise.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 26, 2006
  9. bose

    bose Guest

    Now its ur turn BD. Well, I was expecting a proper outcome of my question,
    didn't know the question was so silly...anyways, thanks to Jupitar and BD
    too...

    bose, May 28, 2006