    getting the pages in the right order.
    thanks for any help
    glenn

    glenn, Apr 5, 2005

  2. glenn wrote:

    > do you know of any programme (?in windows maybe) that will help me to
    > produce a booklet for my department. It needs to be about 20 pages long in
    > A6 format. I have tried to have a go myself but it is really confusing
    > getting the pages in the right order.

    Why would another word processing or DT publishing program make any
    difference? You're going to have to deal with page settings in any of
    them. Just figure out how to do the job in whatever you're using
    (Word, I presume) by trial and error.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 5, 2005

  3. glenn

    neville Guest

    Why bother, that sounds very boring, tell your department you dont Know how
    and can you do sometthing else.

    neville, Apr 5, 2005
  4. glenn

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    glenn wrote:
    > do you know of any programme (?in windows maybe) that will help me to
    > produce a booklet for my department. It needs to be about 20 pages long in
    > A6 format. I have tried to have a go myself but it is really confusing
    > getting the pages in the right order.
    > thanks for any help
    > glenn

    Have a look at
    http://desktoppub.about.com/od/utilities/tp/imposition_win.htm

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Apr 5, 2005
  5. "glenn" <> wrote in message
    > do you know of any programme (?in windows maybe) that will help me to
    > produce a booklet for my department. It needs to be about 20 pages long in
    > A6 format. I have tried to have a go myself but it is really confusing
    > getting the pages in the right order.
    > thanks for any help
    > glenn

    Buy a Canon printer!

    Seriously - The printing Utility that comes with them has an excellent
    booklet option, and guides you through the whole process, telling you how to
    turn the pages etc. You can also just use standard Word pages for you
    booklet, so just type the pages in order.

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, Apr 5, 2005
  6. WordPerfect (all versions) have this built in. You look and edit the
    booklet in page number order, but WP will shift the pages at print
    time, so that the duplex print job has the pages in proper order when
    the booklet is assembled. I do it all the time. Easy.

    Karl Pritchard, Apr 6, 2005
  7. glenn

    Watcher111 Guest

    "glenn" <> wrote in message
    > do you know of any programme (?in windows maybe) that will help me to
    > produce a booklet for my department. It needs to be about 20 pages long in
    > A6 format. I have tried to have a go myself but it is really confusing
    > getting the pages in the right order.
    > thanks for any help
    > glenn

    I just use Windoze Publisher and have never had any problem. I have created
    booklets from 4 pages to 40 pages. It's not that hard and the help files
    walked me through what I didn't know.

    Watcher111

    Watcher111, Apr 6, 2005
  8. glenn

    PC Guest

    "glenn" <> wrote in message
    > do you know of any programme (?in windows maybe) that will help me to
    > produce a booklet for my department. It needs to be about 20 pages long in
    > A6 format. I have tried to have a go myself but it is really confusing
    > getting the pages in the right order.
    > thanks for any help
    > glenn

    Glenn

    Corel Draw 9 will do what you want.

    Create your pages with the Corel Draw tools (paper size top left, add page
    bottom left, text boxes, pictures, lines etc)
    File, Print, Layout, Select the 'Imposition Layout' you want (at the bottom)
    (Full page, book, booklet, Tent card, side fold)

    You will have to do a practice run to get the way it works and watch out for
    multi page pickup when / if you reverse the paper. I found it better to do
    one document at a time with the way my printer picked up two or more pages
    when the pages were turned over to print the other side.

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, Apr 6, 2005