    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    ArtKramr, Jun 8, 2004

  2. ArtKramr

    The Prophecy Guest

    ArtKramr wrote:
    > I have a Dell. I understand that I can' t replace the procesessor. I
    > am thinking of a new computer. Which brands are good and allow
    > processor upgrades when needed?.
    >

    > Arthur Kramer
    > 344th BG 494th BS
    > England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
    > Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    > http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    You should be able to replace/upgrade the processor so long as the
    motherboard in your Dell supports that speed and type.
    The Prophecy, Jun 8, 2004

  3. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Processor upgrade?
    >From: "The Prophecy"
    >Date: 6/7/04 10:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >
    >ArtKramr wrote:
    >> I have a Dell. I understand that I can' t replace the procesessor. I
    >> am thinking of a new computer. Which brands are good and allow
    >> processor upgrades when needed?.
    >>

    >> Arthur Kramer
    >> 344th BG 494th BS
    >> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
    >> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    >> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    >You should be able to replace/upgrade the processor so long as the
    >motherboard in your Dell supports that speed and type.

    I was told it is not replaceable on the Dell.

    ArtKramr, Jun 8, 2004
  4. ArtKramr

    Wiz Guest

    Nonsense.

    Wiz, Jun 8, 2004
  5. ArtKramr

    Captain Ron Guest

    Dell does not use a proprietary CPU (nor would anyone). It could be the
    motherboard already has the largest CPU installed they board will support.
    If that were the case then that is correct. But to say you cannot upgrade
    the CPU is BS.
    What the model of the Dell?

    Captain Ron, Jun 8, 2004
  6. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Processor upgrade?
    >From: "Captain Ron"
    >Date: 6/8/04 8:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >
    >Dell does not use a proprietary CPU (nor would anyone). It could be the
    >motherboard already has the largest CPU installed they board will support.
    >If that were the case then that is correct. But to say you cannot upgrade
    >the CPU is BS.
    > What the model of the Dell?
    >
    >"Wiz" <> wrote in message
    >> Nonsense.

    I have a DELL Dimension V400

    ArtKramr, Jun 8, 2004
  7. ArtKramr

    ProfGene Guest

    If you are running a processor at the highest speed for that motherboard
    then you will need a motherboard processor combo to upgrade. A processor
    upgrade will not increase the speed that much on the same motherboard and by
    the time you really want faster you will most likely need both. So the best
    thing is to get one built that can be upgraded since the name brands have
    lots of proprietary tricks and charge high prices for upgrades which really
    don't make it worth while. But there should be plenty of places that will
    custom build you one that is upgradeable.

    ProfGene, Jun 11, 2004