    I have an Athlon 1800+ cpu but it's only showing up as 1150 in start mode.
    How do I adjust this? I can get into bios mode but need directions after
    that.........thanks??

    pc, Sep 6, 2003

  2. pc

    jeroen Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have an Athlon 1800+ cpu but it's only showing up as 1150 in start mode.
    > How do I adjust this? I can get into bios mode but need directions after
    > that.........thanks??

    1. RTFM
    2. get the latest bios update for your mobo.
    3. see 1.
    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    jeroen, Sep 6, 2003

  3. pc

    Buffalo Guest

    Once in the BIOS, you should be able to find a section that lets you change
    the bus speed to 133MHz. You usually use the PageUp and PageDown buttons to
    change the values. Exit and save.
    Right now you are only running at a bus speed of 100MHz, hence the lower
    speed.
    Some motherboards have jumpers on them to change that speed, instead of
    using the BIOS.
    If you have a manual, read it. If not, download one online.
    If you don't know which MotherBoard you have , this page may help:
    http://www.motherboards.org/

    Buffalo, Sep 7, 2003
  4. pc

    Patrick Guest

    pc wrote:
    > I have an Athlon 1800+ cpu but it's only showing up as 1150 in start
    > mode. How do I adjust this? I can get into bios mode but need
    > directions after that.........thanks??

    I may be stateing the obvious but,
    The + sign after the 1800 indicates that the AMD dosn't actually run at that
    speed but performance wise it compares with a Pentium that dose run at that
    speed.

    Patrick, Sep 7, 2003