    6800 last year. This computer works great - but has some lag in games. What
    would be the way to go to upgrade? A new CPU? Or CPU and motherboard? Any
    recommendations? Thanks, Dean
    Dean, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Dean

    Rob Guest

    You need to know what kind of cpu your motherboard supports. (Socket 754)
    Upgrade to the fastest cpu of that type socket. That is most likely all you
    can do. A new m/b will require different memory than you have to get the
    best performance. Your 6800 should have 256 mg memory also.

    Rob

    Rob, Jun 3, 2006

  3. Lag is generally defined as the stutter effect a gamer experiences during
    online gameplay, often as a result of undesirable ping times and network
    congestion. If that is what you're experiencing, there isn't much you can
    do in the way of combating 'lag'. Unless you're talking about lag as it
    exists during your single player campaigns, in which case a CPU upgrade
    would be most beneficial in your case.

    news.comcast.giganews.com, Jun 3, 2006