    BNightly Guest

    I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
    Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

    BNightly, Jan 12, 2004

  2. It was on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:23:57 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that BNightly wrote:

    > I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
    > Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

    All revisions of the K7S5A support AMD k7 processors. AFAIK, the fastest
    processor you can use is the 266MHz FSB version of the XP 2600+.
    However, you would perhaps need a recent BIOS if you want the
    processor to be recognised properly.

    --
    Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
    Using linux at home, since 1998

    William Poaster, Jan 12, 2004

  3. It was on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:23:57 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that BNightly wrote:

    > I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
    > Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

    All revisions of the K7S5A support AMD k7 processors. AFAIK, the fastest
    processor you can use is the 266MHz FSB version of the XP 2600+.
    However, you would perhaps need a recent BIOS if you want the
    processor to be recognised properly.
    There is more info here, but it only goes to AMD Athlon MP 1.8 GHz
    http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/ecs-k7s5a/

    William Poaster, Jan 12, 2004
  4. BNightly

    Harrison Guest

    PROCESSORS

    AMD Athlon XP (Throughbred up to XP2600+)
    AMD Athlon (including Thunderbird)
    AMD Duron (including Morgan)

    CHIPSET

    SiS 735 Chipset
    Supports 200/266 Mhz Front Side Bus (FSB)
    Supports AGP 4X

    Clock, Hardware Monitor - ITE8705F
    LAN integrated in SiS735, connector on board (Optional)
    AC97 Audio Codec Integrated

    Harrison, Jan 12, 2004
  5. BNightly

    Martik Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:23:57 -0600, BNightly wrote:

    > I was wondering what the fastest CPU this motherboard would support.
    > Currently using a 1 gig Athlon.

    For additional twaeaking info, go to amdforums.com -> ecs motherboards

    Martik, Jan 12, 2004
  6. BNightly

    Al Prezioso Guest

    Al Prezioso, Jan 12, 2004
  7. BNightly

    Boomer Guest

    Al Prezioso <> wrote in

    > You can go to the following link & download the manual, which is
    > the ECS
    > web site, also updated Bios & drivers
    > http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/manual_k7s.html

    Hi

    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)

    Boomer, Jan 13, 2004
  8. BNightly

    Harrison Guest

    On 13 Jan 2004 00:10:24 GMT, Boomer <>
    wrote:

    >Al Prezioso <> wrote in
    >
    >> You can go to the following link & download the manual, which is
    >> the ECS
    >> web site, also updated Bios & drivers
    >> http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/manual_k7s.html

    >Hi
    >
    >Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    >in your reply?
    >
    >It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    >others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Not if you sort by thread.

    Harrison, Jan 13, 2004
  9. BNightly

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:29:18 -0500, in
    <>
    Harrison scrawled:

    >On 13 Jan 2004 00:10:24 GMT, Boomer <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Al Prezioso <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> You can go to the following link & download the manual, which is
    >>> the ECS
    >>> web site, also updated Bios & drivers
    >>> http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/manual_k7s.html

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    >>in your reply?
    >>
    >>It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    >>others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    >Not if you sort by thread.

    Stupid twit! Do you suppose that every person reading the group
    has every post, in every thread? And do you also suppose that
    every person reading the group sorts by thread?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 13, 2004
  10. BNightly

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:29:18 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Harrison scrawled:
    >
    >>On 13 Jan 2004 00:10:24 GMT, Boomer <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Al Prezioso <> wrote in

    >>>Hi
    >>>
    >>>Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    >>>in your reply?
    >>>
    >>>It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    >>>others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    >>Not if you sort by thread.

    > Stupid twit! Do you suppose that every person reading the group
    > has every post, in every thread? And do you also suppose that
    > every person reading the group sorts by thread?
    >
    > <snip>

    Oh! At first I though you were 'talking' to me. Then I saw it was
    meant for Harrison. He's in the bin so it looked like you replied to
    me. :)

    Also it also helps because not all messages get propagated and it would
    be nice to know who he was replying to and exactly about what. Or the
    prior message gets dropped off a server... etc.

    --

    <HCFTH>

    Boomer, Jan 13, 2004
  11. BNightly

    °Mike° Guest

    On 13 Jan 2004 01:15:07 GMT, in
    <40034699$0$5094$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:29:18 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Harrison scrawled:

    >>>Not if you sort by thread.

    >> Stupid twit! Do you suppose that every person reading the group
    >> has every post, in every thread? And do you also suppose that
    >> every person reading the group sorts by thread?
    >>
    >> <snip>

    >Oh! At first I though you were 'talking' to me. Then I saw it was
    >meant for Harrison. He's in the bin so it looked like you replied to
    >me. :)

    Now imagine if I hadn't included any of the message? Case in point? ;)

    >Also it also helps because not all messages get propagated and it would
    >be nice to know who he was replying to and exactly about what. Or the
    >prior message gets dropped off a server... etc.

    Exactly so.

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Jan 13, 2004
  12. BNightly

    Sano Guest

    Boomer <> spluttered in

    > Also it also helps because not all messages get propagated and it would
    > be nice to know who he was replying to and exactly about what. Or the
    > prior message gets dropped off a server... etc.

    Exactly Boomer. Good point!

    --
    "The true man wants two things: danger and play.
    For that reason he wants woman, as the most

    Sano, Jan 13, 2004