    Appreciate your time and feedback.
    Cordially,
    Charles

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBQeXRsZXNraQ==?=, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Navigate to any of the motherboard manufacturers' websites and choose a
    64-bit capable mobo and the supported 64-bit cpu. I would suggest an
    Opteron or Xeon cpu given that you want to run server systems but there is
    no reason why an AMD 64 or Intel processor with the 64-bit extensions would
    not also work.

    Such boards are made by the likes of Asus, MSI, etc.

    "Charles Pytleski" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 8, 2006

  3. In addition to what Colin says, I've got a decription of which ones are
    which, and a link to the Intel site for those, in my blog:
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2006/01/19/81462.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 9, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBQeXRsZXNraQ==?=

    Little Red Guest

    Opteron CPU are fantastic and so are Tyan motherboards. They are a bit more
    expensive than the other boards but in my opinion well worth the extra quid
    and I don't care what charli mussel says..

    Little Red, Jun 10, 2006
  5. I wouldn't argue with you. Certainly not about Opteron, and Tyan have a good
    reputation. But then, I wouldn't deliberately belittle your name, either.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 11, 2006