    --
    "Okay Scotty, now beam down my clothes."
    www.geocities.com/ldavison10
    Lee Davison, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Lee Davison

    Unknown Guest

    Best bet is to replace it with original equipment so that you're sure it has
    the same specs. Example: Suppose a different model blows 10 cubic feet of air
    less than the original?

    Unknown, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Lee Davison

    Hamman Guest

    > Hi,
    > The fan which covers my processor (is it called the heatsink and fan?) is
    > making a lot of noise so I guess its on its way out. I have an AMD Athalon
    > 2200XP. Can someone recommend a brand or a decent one to buy, I know this

    is
    > an important part of the PC, ive never bought / installed one before so I
    > dont want to go getting crappy goods unknowingly. Is it okay to get one of
    > those fan type arrangements that look good or are they a bit poor?
    > Any recommendations appreciated

    2200+ is quite low in the ATHLON XP range, so you can go for pretty much
    what you want.

    I recommend www.overclockers.co.uk for this type of thing.

    hamman
    Hamman, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Lee Davison

    Russ Guest

    Hi Lee
    I've just replaced mine, I tried three different models before
    settling on the recommendation of the lads at www.ccl.computers.com the
    model they recommended was the Akasa AK821 I run mine on a Barton 2500 XP.
    It supports your processor.

    Regards
    Lee

    Russ, Aug 16, 2004