  1. Why in processor 8085 opcodes like 10,18,28...etc.. does'nt have any
    mneumonics?
    explain to ur level best.

    processor 8085, Jan 5, 2008

  2. processor 8085

    Thor Guest

    hi!

    processors does not have mnemonics.
    assemblers translate mnemonics (assembly code) into opcodes (machine code).
    as for 8085 (which resembles 8080) google is your friend (but try wikipedia
    first).

    have fun with it,
    53

    Thor, Jan 5, 2008

  3. sir,The is in assemble language of processor 8085 .

    processor 8085, Jan 6, 2008
  4. processor 8085

    Thor Guest

    I get it.

    08,10,18,28,..FD.
    Not compatible with x86, therefore not documented. "We don't want you to use
    these".
    What are you trying to do? Is it safe?

    53

    Thor, Jan 7, 2008
  5. "Thor" <> wrote in message
    >I get it.
    >
    > 08,10,18,28,..FD.
    > Not compatible with x86, therefore not documented. "We don't want you to
    > use these".
    > What are you trying to do? Is it safe?

    Your gripes about whether there is, or is not, an assembler language for the
    8085,
    or about any programming issues with the =8085= are grossly misdirected
    in any Microsoft forum,
    and most especially a =certification= forum.

    Microsoft has *never* written programs for the 8085 CPU, and they're not
    responsible for any issues that exist with trying to program such a chip.
    Intel is the manufacturer of the chip, and if you need assistance
    programming an 8085 chip, you need to talk to Intel.

    Or else learn how to properly research museum technology on the web.

    Ironically... entering the simple keyphrase "8085 assembler" into
    google.com, got me this hit on the top of a list of almost 22,000 entries:

    "free 8085 microprocessor assembler for windows"
    http://www.embeddedrelated.com/usenet/embedded/show/39456-1.php

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jan 7, 2008
  6. Re: Microsoft has *never* written programs for the 8085 CPU

    Not entirely true. Microsoft did write a Basic compiler for the TRS-80,
    which used z-80 chips, somewhat similar to the 8080 and 8085. I believe, but
    am not certain, that they also wrote an 8080 version.
    In fact, one of the things that we at Tandy Systems Design did when we got
    it was to disassemble the code in order to learn some tips we could apply to
    the operating system coding. Remember back then we had to fit the entire
    operating system into 4096 bytes of memory. There was a heck of a lot of
    self-modifying code.
    I believe I still have an 8085 assembler manual in a box in the garage
    somewhere.
    I am curious as to why the OP is interested in 30 year old technology.

    LarryWestMCSD, Jan 7, 2008
  7. "LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
    > Re: Microsoft has *never* written programs for the 8085 CPU
    >
    > Not entirely true. Microsoft did write a Basic compiler for the TRS-80,
    > which used z-80 chips, somewhat similar to the 8080 and 8085. I believe,
    > but
    > am not certain, that they also wrote an 8080 version.

    True, they did write code for distribution via Radio Shack for use on the
    Model 4 Z-80 and the Model 16/6000 Motorola 68000-based systems. (I was a
    CSR for Radio Shack during the heydey of the 4, 16/6000, 1000/1200/2000 in
    the mid '80s.)

    I can't comment on whether there was an 8080 version -- I wouldn't be
    surprised if there was; but I'll stick to my guns on any 8085 software.

    > In fact, one of the things that we at Tandy Systems Design

    !!! -- a Tandy Designer.... golly gee whiz (grasping back in my RSCC
    memories.... I'm thinking I'm even vaguely recalling your name in
    association with some Tandy/RSCC stuff I read around that time.)

    > I believe I still have an 8085 assembler manual in a box in the garage
    > somewhere.

    But, it is Microsoft-written?

    No doubt there are 8085 programming tools, but I don't believe Microsoft was
    in the =8085= business.

    I came up dry on a Google search of "microsoft 8085" and "microsoft intel
    8085", in fact, the first search only turned up one hit on the first page
    even related to the 8085 CPU!

    > I am curious as to why the OP is interested in 30 year old technology.

    The 8085 was, among other things, apparently used as a simple introduction
    to assembly language programming concepts.

    I can't relate, I learned IBM360 assembly as a 2nd year course. It wasn't
    until I bought an 80386 Tech Ref book ten years later that I learned
    anything about Intel microprocessor assembly language.

    Lawrence Garvin, Jan 9, 2008
  8. processor 8085

    Thor Guest

    > Not entirely true. Microsoft did write a Basic compiler for the TRS-80,
    > which used z-80 chips, somewhat similar to the 8080 and 8085. I believe,
    > but
    > am not certain, that they also wrote an 8080 version.
    > In fact, one of the things that we at Tandy Systems Design did when we got
    > it was to disassemble the code in order to learn some tips we could apply
    > the operating system coding. Remember back then we had to fit the entire
    > operating system into 4096 bytes of memory. There was a heck of a lot of
    > self-modifying code.
    > I believe I still have an 8085 assembler manual in a box in the garage
    > somewhere.
    > I am curious as to why the OP is interested in 30 year old technology.
    > --

    Yeah, I was thinking console game hacking or analyzing russian militaty
    equipment. Just caught a corner of my eye.
    I started with MS Spectravideo Basic which ran on a Z80, I think it's pretty
    much the same as 8080 and 8085. How this links to certifications... well it
    doesn't.

    Thor, Jan 11, 2008
  9. WOW, spectravideo.... Brings back memories!!!

    TK [MCSE,MCT], Jan 27, 2008