    manager/process tab? Or is there a way to make a process not appear there?

    I got like 6 "svchost.exe" in my taskmanager... is this normal?

    thx in advance...

    A. Schleifer, Oct 9, 2004

  2. A. Schleifer

    Leythos Guest

    In article <416803c4$>, says...
    > Hi.
    > Got some questions about virusses and tasks concerning windows, xp in
    > particular:
    > Will any process (including viruses/worms) be displayed in the winxp task
    > manager/process tab? Or is there a way to make a process not appear there?
    >
    > I got like 6 "svchost.exe" in my taskmanager... is this normal?
    >
    > thx in advance...

    SVCHOST can hide many things - and it's not alone. I found a Ad product
    that was running behind "explorer.exe" which is the desktop.

    I'm sure this machine is clean, running XP and several other apps, and
    it's showing 6 SVCHOST.exe's also.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Oct 10, 2004

  3. A. Schleifer

    Allen Guest

    Try this web page, it has most process's.

    Allen, Oct 10, 2004
  4. A very good free 3rd party program to view running processes is Process
    Explorer, it can show you what's hiding behind any process.

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

    -L

    Locke Nash Cole, Oct 10, 2004
  5. "A. Schleifer" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    > Got some questions about virusses and tasks concerning windows, xp in
    > particular:
    > Will any process (including viruses/worms) be displayed in the winxp task
    > manager/process tab? Or is there a way to make a process not appear there?
    >
    > I got like 6 "svchost.exe" in my taskmanager... is this normal?

    6 Mmm
    Only 4 here on all 3 PC's .. but then svchost assuming that is the EXACT name as a
    rule is no issue.

    Use.Netuser.de, Oct 11, 2004