    one at a time and when you get all seven done you are considered a
    MCSE? Thanks guys - jon

    , Nov 6, 2006

  2. Frisbee® Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sorry if this is a stupid question but Im interested in getting my MCSE
    > but Im not sure of the exact process. I understand there are 4 core
    > exams and 3 elective exams. How does this work? Do you take the exams
    > one at a time and when you get all seven done you are considered a
    > MCSE? Thanks guys - jon

    Yes.

    Frisbee®, Nov 6, 2006

  3. Jtyc Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp

    Jtyc, Nov 6, 2006
  4. You can take multiple exams on the same day, but that's not recommended.
    Getting your MCSE is not a race, its a process. The certification is only
    the icing, the proces is the cake.

    Check out if your local junior college to see if it has a two year degree
    that uses the Official Microsoft Curriculum. This will give you a chance to
    take the exams right after finishing a course.

    If you can't do that, then get the Official Microsoft Curriculum study
    guides for your self from Amazon.com. They will come with 120 day evaluation
    copies of the software you need. You MUST have a test lab at home. You don't
    need state of the art server equipment. A couple of old Pentium III PCs will
    do.

    Get some hands on. Try to get an internship (even if you have to donate your
    time).

    Harvey Colwell, Nov 6, 2006
  5. Guest

    Thanks Guys! I have the study guides for the first 4 core exams and Im
    ripping through them right now.

    Thanks again!

    , Nov 6, 2006
  6. Frisbee® Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Guys! I have the study guides for the first 4 core exams and Im
    > ripping through them right now.
    >
    > Thanks again!

    Good Luck!

    Frisbee®, Nov 6, 2006
  7. kpg Guest

    As once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Thanks Guys! I have the study guides for the first 4 core exams and Im
    > ripping through them right now.

    Don't rip them unless they're br@indumps, then you should burn them
    and start over.

    kpg, Nov 6, 2006
  8. Yes dear, we need to get through all seven exams then only we are MCSE.
    I have heared from somebody that if you have cleared 4 or 5 exams you get a
    status of MCP.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5hbnQ=?=, Nov 10, 2006
  9. Kline Sphere Guest

    >I have heared from somebody that if you have cleared 4 or 5 exams you get a
    >status of MCP.

    she's lying to you fuggin guy!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  10. BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "Anant" <> wrote in message
    > Yes dear, we need to get through all seven exams then only we are MCSE.
    > I have heared from somebody that if you have cleared 4 or 5 exams you get
    > status of MCP.

    Yes....5 exams, then you're MCP

    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Hahahahahahahah!!!!!!11

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 10, 2006
  11. JaR Guest

    On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 04:33:01 -0800, Anant cast into the ether:

    > Yes dear, we need to get through all seven exams then only we are MCSE.
    > I have heared from somebody that if you have cleared 4 or 5 exams you get a
    > status of MCP.

    No darling, you have heared wrong.

    --
    JaR